Cool Kickstarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey BF’s

I just started playing around on Kickstarter recently. Some cool edc stuff.

The first is a flashlight/peanut lighter/prybar keychain in titanium.

The second is a bolt action double sided bit driver that is a very pocketable and fidgety.

Those do look cool. I’ve had some not so great experiences with kickstarters (projects taking years and years longer than expected or never actually happening) so I think I’m more likely to just wait until something is officially on the market.

Those do look cool. I’ve had some not so great experiences with kickstarters (projects taking years and years longer than expected or never actually happening) so I think I’m more likely to just wait until something is officially on the market.
I’m new to Kickstarter. I did these two and the jet pen (coolest bolt action pen I’ve seen to date). All three met their funding goals in the first three days.

The Jet pen seems on track for delivery in January so I’m still optimistic.

Looks cool, but .... I have a few screwdrivers shaped like the Strikerbit. I don't use them because their thin shape doesn't permit me to apply enough torque to twist screws unless they are already loose. Lack of knurling makes it worse.

Looks cool, but .... I have a few screwdrivers shaped like the Strikerbit. I don't use them because their thin shape doesn't permit me to apply enough torque to twist screws unless they are already loose. Lack of knurling makes it worse.
It does come with a longer knurled knob and a hex key for additional torq. I agree that this isn’t what I would reach for for heavier applications.

The thing to keep watch for is that when a trend hits you will often find kickstarters for products that already exist, and are hugely marked up. Or they will be overly optimistic in what they can produce. To be honest, I've yet to see many tool, EDC or knife kickstarters that really bounced out at me, and I've backed quite a few things at this point. In general look for what work they already have done, and see if it fits a need you have. Then decide if you are willing to let them gamble with your money. As soon as I make that last decision, a lot of items go off my list because I don't have the funds to burn on the idea. Over time you will also get a vibe for what sort of products fund, what sort of products actually ship, and how big of a funding round they actually needed. A common strategy is to low-ball the initial funding in hopes that they will hit their real target. Another one is insane over-funding, which sinks a lot of guys. If you know the state of the market, you should have a better idea of what a product would retail at. But have fun, if you have the extra coin, its a way to get stuff that you might not otherwise get to see.

Hey BF’s

I just started playing around on Kickstarter recently. Some cool edc stuff.

The first is a flashlight/peanut lighter/prybar keychain in titanium.

The second is a bolt action double sided bit driver that is a very pocketable and fidgety.

It seems like you have to use the hex wrench to get any torque on this driver, unless you are doing eye glass screws. Can't imagine the tool and bit driving screws into hard wood, since there is no place to grip.

I’m new to Kickstarter. I did these two and the jet pen (coolest bolt action pen I’ve seen to date). All three met their funding goals in the first three days.

The Jet pen seems on track for delivery in January so I’m still optimistic.

Is that pen TSA approved? I would be curious.

Someplace between Deal Spotting and Solicitation. Both are prohibited.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back