• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Coote Grinder, drill press, welders, etc.

Going to hit the road full time in my RV soon. And am putting up for sale here, most of my equipment.

Coote Grinder 10" Wheel, knife rest, new belts from POPS, stand, 1 HP Ag duty motor, step pulley and motor mount. All working fine. $400.

Drill press, like new Harbor Freight, but on a custom roller stand $100.

Heavy duty vise on cement base, portable (but heavy) $50.

Plus, all manner of extra motors, work benches, arbors, etc.

The one that buys the grinder gets some O1, and some scales.

Also have a nice micrometer (American made, precision) for $30 and some dial calipers, make offer. Other stuff........what do you need?

Won't ship the big stuff, too heavy and too much hassle.:D e-mail me for any further info. Can pickup in Bakersfield, CA.

OK, I already made an offer cia e-mail and I will post it here. First one that says "I'll take it" gets it. Paypal only.

For $500, I'll take it apart, and box it up and ship it tomorrow. You get the grinder, the motor, the base, the motor mount, the belts, the step pulley and instructions on how to put in together. you also get some O1 and 2 pairs of scales, olive wood and black micarta. If it costs more than $100 to ship, I'll eat it. Please, no Alaska or hawaii")

I'll take the grinder if it is still available. I'm in Bakersfield so I can pick it up.

Got it! Make the payment and pick it up then.
What do you need to know?

When you are on the road and if you go to Cape Cod stop by and say Hi!!!:thumbup: ;) :D

Hey, will do! Actually, I plan on stopping by and saying hi to all the makers I can find!

I'm building a high gain antenae for use with my USB wireless set up that can connect up to 3 miles to any wifi.......So, I'll post when I get close.

BTW, the grinder is gone! Still have some nice measuring tools and a whole book shelf of knife making books, etc. Let me know if somebody wants anything else. It's gonna take a lonnnnng time to unload all this jun..'er stuff.

Ok, thanks!

What I have that I can find is:

Step by Step Knifemaking- David Boye

The $50 Knife Shop-Goddard

The Joy of Knifemaking-Goddard

The Comple Bladesmith (Forging your way to perfection)-Hrisoulas Hard Back

The Backyard Blacksmith-Sims

Complete Modern Blacksmith-Weygers

How to Make your Own Knifes-Mayes

The Making of Tools-Weygers

Plus some great stuff I copied off the neet over the years.

This should give any new smith about all theyneed to know;)

All for $50 plus shipping priority mail in one box. E-mail me your Zip for shipping cost. (actual shipping for all these).

Need some handle material.

Ok, then. I've got some African elephant ivory, some really nice ironwood (exib.grade), and some pre-historic gargantuan nasal bone that will make fine scales. Also some rhinoceros snout that is good for spacers, AND for your libido.

All this for a pittance.......$400/lb. But wait! I'll add some nice hummingbird tongue (hard to get), but great for inlays and soup. PLUS, I have some teeth from some Crocs I killed in OZ, that may make good scales. The skin is taken, sorry, but I have the heart and liver for your dining pleasure.

What do you need, exactly?

are the books sold yet, i would love them if there still up for sale.

I would be interested in the ironwood and the elephant ivory and mammoth tooth and ivory. What do you have? Do you have pics?
( that humming bird tongue is great stuff, when you can find it!)

coote grinder....I missed this and it is 40 minutes from my house...................put me next in line for the grinder.
Thanks

The books are sold, except the " $50 Dollar Knife Shop".

Couldn't get in the box, sorry..........The rest are sold and I finally got a buyer willing to send the money.

The Coote was picked up, AND, he has no idea how much the belts I threw in cost. There were 40 new ones..........(well maybe a bit less, but still...)

Some people here tried to buy all my motors, but the shipping was a bitch.
If anyone knows anyone who could ship, then 3 motors, plus some arbors, plus some welding machines, plus some bottles and stuff could be sold. Otherwise, I'm leaving them behind when I move, which is soon.

what do you want for the 50.00 knife shop. what motors do you have, because i have been looking for some.

Back