Cornteen

Bkg

Well one thing good out of this cornteen, is you all and the Becker forum. If it wasn’t for having a little extra time on my hands I may not have found it.

I also have to thank my brother for this sickness indirectly as well. He has been carrying a small edc Whiteknuckler brand knife on his belt for quite a while now. Well that inspired me to change up my edc folder to a sheath. Well I have had a USN WW2 Kabar for well over 10 years so that’s how I stumbled on Kabar Becker by searching for USA made smaller edc like the BK14.

Then this has taken over me like a sickness of searching, reading, buying and finally using them.

irqF6xV.jpg
faJVv09.jpg

Well one thing good out of this cornteen, is you all and the Becker forum. If it wasn’t for having a little extra time on my hands I may not have found it.

I also have to thank my brother for this sickness indirectly as well. He has been carrying a small edc Whiteknuckler brand knife on his belt for quite a while now. Well that inspired me to change up my edc folder to a sheath. Well I have had a USN WW2 Kabar for well over 10 years so that’s how I stumbled on Kabar Becker by searching for USA made smaller edc like the BK14.

Then this has taken over me like a sickness of searching, reading, buying and finally using them.
Funny how contagious the sickness is :thumbsup::thumbsup: I don’t think there’s a cure :D

Cornteen, haha. That's a goodin'. :thumbsup:

How you got started made me think of a post I made once: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/beckerhead-camping-and-woodcraft-reviews.1622739/#post-18537564

1592426344236-1173679820.jpg It's cyclical for me, I'll be heavily into handguns, then I'll hear about a new Becker coming out (BK-18) and then I'm off handguns and back into knives, but it's the waiting for that Becker to be released that get me looking at ESEE's,Navy MK1's, LT Wrights, old KaBar's, cold steel, and now I want a Busse. All because of that damned Becker Knife.
It's a great knife but a crappy picture.

Last edited:
Same here, the Becker Bug is quite resistent, the only cure is to use them and modify them until the next one...
I got another 14 coming, this time sandblasted and DLC'd by REK. Can't wait for it to be in my hands :)

View attachment 1360780 It's cyclical for me, I'll be heavily into handguns, then I'll hear about a new Becker coming out (BK-18) and then I'm off handguns and back into knives, but it's the waiting for that Becker to be released that get me looking at ESEE's,Navy MK1's, LT Wrights, old KaBar's, cold steel, and now I want a Busse. All because of that damned Becker Knife.
It's a great knife but a crappy picture.
that’s hilarious. Just this year I went from 1/10 RC crawler to knifes and now trying to get back into leather working to make my on sheathes and of course my Jeep has been a chronic illness since 2009.

Same here, the Becker Bug is quite resistent, the only cure is to use them and modify them until the next one...
I got another 14 coming, this time sandblasted and DLC'd by REK. Can't wait for it to be in my hands :)
I really like the BK14 but I wish the handle was just slightly longer like the Kabar 1119 Wrench knife. Not a huge difference but it’s just a little longer that makes it much more comfortable in my hand

that’s hilarious. Just this year I went from 1/10 RC crawler to knifes and now trying to get back into leather working to make my on sheathes and of course my Jeep has been a chronic illness since 2009.
Yep, I go from rifles to handguns to knives for approx. 6 months to a year or 2 on each over the last 20 years. I've added reloading into the mix and once for about 2 years, Woodcase pencils. I could think of worse things to be addicted to.

Yep, I go from rifles to handguns to knives for approx. 6 months to a year or 2 on each over the last 20 years. I've added reloading into the mix and once for about 2 years, Woodcase pencils. I could think of worse things to be addicted to.

So very true. Thank God for the free shipping on Amazon prime I think that membership more than paid for itself by the end of March.

Than I got a 2 knifes from Tomars and 2 from eBay.

Last edited:
Sorry I misspoke before knifes in order since all of this Cornteen began Kabar BK14, Kabar 119 and BK16ffg same order, BK62 Kephart, BK16 Sabre grind and then my BK2FDE.

The BK14 was bought then I found the BK&T faceplace page. Then the other were bought after being on there. Then I started looking and joined here the forum and then bought the BK2.

Meanwhile I thought forum were mostly gone because I hadn’t been on a Jeep or Previously to that an Xterra forum in a very long time.

I really like the BK14 but I wish the handle was just slightly longer like the Kabar 1119 Wrench knife. Not a huge difference but it’s just a little longer that makes it much more comfortable in my hand

TKC makes a G10 "extended izula handle" that doesn't take much to fit to the BK14.

Wooo...
Takes some significant system lag to triple tap a post.

Reactions: Bkg
Back