Correct way to clamp full flat grind blades in kme?

Just got my kme and have done 2 griptillians so far. First one not horrible but not great. Second one exactly how I wanted it. Problem is I can't figure out how to clamp my spydercos in the clamp. Maybe I'm slow but can someone pass on some knowledge to me please? I don't want to ruin any of my knives. Much appreciated. :)

What is the exact problem that you are having,are the bevel's uneven or is the stone missing a certain area of the bevel.

OP, take a few minutes, go over to utube n watch Ron's instructions for clamping knives... I think it's just KME's tubes, don't remember if he actually does spyderco's but the instructions worked for all of our knives. Video is ~5 minutes or so-

What is the exact problem that you are having,are the bevel's uneven or is the stone missing a certain area of the bevel.
Bevel is very uneven on one of my griptillians. Nothing I did helped only made it worse. Im new to sharpening aside from using a pocket stone a few times. I was told on another forum knives often come from the factory with uneven grinds. So maybe it's not entirely my fault.

Is the edge on the 2nd grip the same width along the blades length? What's the first one look like? Uneven grinds give varying edge width. I have never squared up a factory blade because they have all been good enough. Read thru instructions between the first few knives, use a light touch with diamonds, especially the coarser 140 n 300 grit stones. Trailing edge and leading edge grinding give different results for different jobs and stages within sharpening routines in my experiences. Like the sharpmaker, start with the factory recipe until you get consistent edges to your liking. Push cutting n slicing paper, shaving and feathering / curling hair are common indications of sharp.
enjoy

You have to squeeze the clamps when tightening them on the blade.

Use sharpie on the bevel, and start with a very high grit first to see if you’re at the angle you want.

Is the edge on the 2nd grip the same width along the blades length? What's the first one look like? Uneven grinds give varying edge width. I have never squared up a factory blade because they have all been good enough. Read thru instructions between the first few knives, use a light touch with diamonds, especially the coarser 140 n 300 grit stones. Trailing edge and leading edge grinding give different results for different jobs and stages within sharpening routines in my experiences. Like the sharpmaker, start with the factory recipe until you get consistent edges to your liking. Push cutting n slicing paper, shaving and feathering / curling hair are common indications of sharp.
enjoy
On my second grip as stated it came out damn near perfect and I can shave a single hair. I dint mean off my arm I mean I can take one of my wife's hairs and wittle it.
20210427_125025.jpg

Back