Cosmos update???

David - Do you have any info for us on when the Cosmos might be available? Is the $150-200 price still looking good? What steel are you planning for the handle and blade? Info, man - we need info! We're jonesin' out here!
wink.gif

------------------
Kelly
My Custom Knife Collection

Member NCCKG , SCAK, and AKTI

Deo Vindice

To Senator:

Ah the Cosmos. If we knew now what we knew then I would not have put this knife in the Blade Calender.

Unfortunately we can not get a good result from casting the handles. We therefore have no choice but to completely CNC machine this knife from scratch. We have not given up yet however this process will result in a higher price on the Cosmos.

Sorry to keep you jonesin but it will probably be Spring until we have firm pricing and delivery info on the Cosmos.

Thanks for your attention and interest just the same.

------------------
Sincerely,
Outdoor Edge Cutlery Corp.

David Bloch

See our Online Catalog at: http://www.outdooredge.com

David - Thanks for the update. Keep working on it, however long it takes. Don't give up. I'll almost certainly never own the real thing, so I'm really looking forward to your version. Personally, I'm glad the Cosmos made it into the calendar.
smile.gif

frown.gif

David, BTW Ray wants to know when he's getting his knife back?

Phill, As soon as we finalize the details on CNCing the handles. Believe me I want to get Ray his knife back ASAP. This project has taken much longer than we planned.

David, as you probably know there is no production knife that I want more than the COSMOS. I can appreciate the problems you've been going through, and I know that You, Ray and Ron all want to see it done right, or not at all. I contacted Ron at your suggestion and I got to meet him at the NYCKS last month.
I have no doubt this is going to be a great knife and a huge success for you all. Whenever you're ready I'm ready.
Thanks for not giving up.

Im looking to get one too. Are U taking pre-orders by any chance?

Back