Costco Leatherman combo package

Has anyone else picked up a sample of the Costco Leatherman Super Tool 200/ Binocular / Butane Lighter combo package? It sells for just under $60.00 and in my calculation of the Leatherman's best price of about $50.00 for the Super Tool, combined with Costco's "liberal" return policy, makes the package deal... a real deal... :D

I have no idea how long this combination has been available or what regions it is limited to (if any) but it certainly appears to be a good deal.

All the best,

Stuart

On a side note... about Costco prices.

If there is an asterisk on the upper right hand corner of the price tag, that means that the price you see will be the lowest that it will ever be. And chances are that once they sell out of that item, it's gone.

When the older model Leatherman Wave/Gaglite combo was out a year or so ago, I waited on it. Then they dropped the price to 39.99 on this combo.

Just look for the asterisk on the tag, and gauge whether you want to wait and see if the price drops.

Now back to your regularly scheduled multi-tool program.... :D

Oh, BTW, they have been at the Lenexa, KS Costco a few weeks now.

--Chris

Chris,

Just to clarify; Are you referring to the price tag posted above the items or is there something on the individual packaging?

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

Hey Stu,

I think it's a great deal. I mentioned it as a great gift idea onthe other forum some time back. A nice Leatherman, a decent pair of small binocs and a torch type light for that price seems like a great starter kit.

Great find.

aka Excitable Boy

Stu,

The price tag above the item; the big ~6" x 8"-ish sized black and white tag. It'll be in the upper right hand corner.

--Chris

Hey John! :D

I must have missed the other post and YES, I agree that this would make a good gift combo. Especially to intro someone to the knife/equip field.

Also just for info; I have found that the optics (I know, I know...they are not high end) are only about 2/3 good to go. The other approx. 1/3 were not focusable in that the right (diopter) ring would come into proper focus.

My recommendation if you are going to try some of these; Buy an extra one for every three that you plan to buy and then check them out.

And thanks Chris... ;)

All the best,

Stuart

Just an FYI, the exact same lighter that is in the Costco combo pack, was at my local Walmart for $6; so I just had to check it out.

POS!!! :barf::mad:

No matter what fuel I used, or what adjustments I tried it would not light. It's definately no Windmall or Colibri lighter.

Thought I'd pass it on, in case that was part of your buying decision on this combo package.

Also, went to Costco today and the combo is still $59.99 with no asterisk.

--Chris

Back