Could use some prayers

My father appears to be losing his battle with Parkinsons disease and I could he could use all the prayers he can get. Hes battled it well for 15 years, and now at 68 had back surgery which seems to have onset the end stages. a little over a month ago he was recovering well, and now he can't get out of bed, or move independantly, and today seems to have gone catatonic. The doctors don't understand, the test results show nothing, but hes slipping away rapidly and hospice has been contacted. Please pray for my father and for my mother (his wife of 43 years) who has been by his side 24/7 for the past 2 months, they could sure use it.

Prayers for your father, yourself and family.

I'm guessing (hope) they have checked him for a urinary tract infection (UTI)? My dad has Parkinsons also and has had UTI's a few times and the docs missed one once. Ask if they've checked.

Prayers and smoke sent. Praying that the doctors find the sudden cause and can fix it. Praying for recovery for him and strength for your mother, you and others who love him.

Thank you for all the well wishes. Unfortunately its obvious the end is near. He is able to hear what people are saying, and able to cry, but totally unable to communicate or move. We think its just end stages of parkinsons without his meds, but when we give him the meds that help him to function he goes into agonizing spasms and is still unable to communicate. He can barely open his eyes and appears to be a good mind trapped in an unusable body. We are giving him liquid morphine to keep him comfortable and out of pain but hes unable/unwilling to eat or drink.

We always knew he would eventually lose the battle with Parkinsons, we just didn't expect it to be so soon. Easter Sunday he was totally here with us and seemed to be recovering very well from the back surgery and now this. Its horrifying watching your father slowly waste away and be competely trapped and unable to do anything. Its not a death I'd wish on anyone.

I Pray the good Lord will take care of your Father and you during these hard times, God bless you both.

RickJ

Thank you for all the well wishes. Unfortunately its obvious the end is near. He is able to hear what people are saying, and able to cry, but totally unable to communicate or move. We think its just end stages of parkinsons without his meds, but when we give him the meds that help him to function he goes into agonizing spasms and is still unable to communicate. He can barely open his eyes and appears to be a good mind trapped in an unusable body. We are giving him liquid morphine to keep him comfortable and out of pain but hes unable/unwilling to eat or drink.

We always knew he would eventually lose the battle with Parkinsons, we just didn't expect it to be so soon. Easter Sunday he was totally here with us and seemed to be recovering very well from the back surgery and now this. Its horrifying watching your father slowly waste away and be competely trapped and unable to do anything. Its not a death I'd wish on anyone.

I'm so sorry to hear that your father is failing further. I had so hoped that the Docs would find a UTI or something else that has caused such a dramatic change in his condition. I have been preparing myself for years for the eventuality that you now face, though I know that no amount of preparation can be sufficient.

Be with your father and tell him that you love him. Pray with him and tell him that God is also with him and that He loves him too.

I pray that God will give him and all of you courage, strength and comfort in the difficult days ahead.

God bless you all...

Best,
In Christ,
Tim

Jhn 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Jhn 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

Jhn 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Prayers sent. Parkinson's plagues my uncle and it is terrible to see.

Will continue to pray for your family and yourself.

God Bless.

I pray for your father' healing and well being in Jesus' name. I also pray for you and your family to have strength, love and encouragement through this trial.

CJ

Very sorry. My fiance just lost her grandfather to parkinsons. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Back