Couple of Stag handled utility skinners by me..yes Donna is in the pic

Donna got a order for me from a lady she works with for a couple of my old style utility skinners.These have a forged 5160 blade at 5 inches long,Brass guard and pin,Dyed stag with red fiber spacers and Black and Blonde cow horn spacers...Still need to make the sheaths for them.I hope she likes them.This was a unusual break from the latest reproductions I have been doing.These do have a unsharpened false back edge going the full length of the long curved clip and are 3/16 inch at the guard with a full tapper to the point.
What do you guys think,are they a good design or not?
Bruce
Sep30_03.jpg

Sep30_04.jpg

Those look great Bruce, Love the handle effect. See, I told you not to give away all your horn:p

As much as I love your reproductions, I love seeing a good clean work knife, thanks

Those are nicely designed and well made. Should work fine for skinning those Mississppi swamp rats. Donna sure is cute.

Thanks Bruce and Will...
Will these are the blades I forged while you were grinding on Sunday when you visited.And I still have 4 more boxes full of horn for spacers.Have you figured out how to cut the horn I gave you yet?
Bruce

Bruce those are great, it's nice to see a normal-sized knife come out of your shop once in a while. :D

Dave

Great job. I love the traditional style and you can't go wrong with horn and/or antler on most any knife in my opinion. I'm sure the lady who ordered them wil love 'em.

Good Job Bruce, I didn't think you made anything but Bowies anymore, I like utilities and the mirror finish.

Bill

a couple very nice blades there.
:D
the polish looks great.

did you need a break from the reproduction bowies, or were you forging in your sleep again?
:p

D.

Thanks everybody.I haven't done any like this in a cople of years and they were my favorite style for a long time.

No Dion,These were a order so I got to do something other than Reprodutions and this way maybe people will realize I do make working knives also:D
Bruce

Looking good!
I like blades with lots of belly & the horn antler handles are way cool. What kind of sheaths will these get?

Back