Cowbell materials and options talk

Any handle material works for me, tbh. Balance is more important as I've never had a problem other than a little grip is nice (not too slick). I do really love copper pins though. Copper ain't no B! I think whatever you decide will sell fast, despite your best efforts to dissuade us. Please don't grow up and stop playing with knives. 🙏 Also, stacked leather :p Klank!

Appreciate the responses. I'll resupply the Linen micarta and richlite and pick up a couple of colors in G10.

As far as blade styles go I think we have a good selection, if anything I'd consider a sheep/lambsfoot down the road.

Does The richlite come in any colors? Keep it simple as like mentioned before If you get G10.

Does The richlite come in any colors? Keep it simple as like mentioned before If you get G10.
I tried to post a stock photo of their colors but for some reason I can't seem to paste anything in the forum. I carry Black, Blue and Red.

Let's see if this works

(It won't let me paste a valid http address into the image box, when I hit "paste" it stays blank. I removed the colon from the url and it let me paste the rest, then added the colon manually and it accepted it...odd)

Richlite-FSC-SW-LG.jpg

What's your thinking about desert ironwood? Done to death or just need some?
G10 leaves me cold. Some micarta can be very nice, some makers seem to have the knack to make it as ugly as homemade sin.
All this from a latecomer who still wants one of your knives.

What's your thinking about desert ironwood? Done to death or just need some?
G10 leaves me cold. Some micarta can be very nice, some makers seem to have the knack to make it as ugly as homemade sin.
All this from a latecomer who still wants one of your knives.
I'm a big fan of Ironwood and always prefer wood over synthetic, Cowbells being the exception.

Quick shot of what will be available for the Cowbell. Looking forward to trying some of the new ones out.

Top to bottom:
OD Green Linen Micarta
Black Linen Micarta
Black Diamond Richlite
Opal G10
Red Linen Micarta
Cabernet Paperstone
Maroon Linen Micarta
Bone Linen Micarta
Antique Bone Paper Micarta
Bone & White Linen Micarta
Blue Linen Micarta
Blue Canyon Richlite
20220211_171211-01.jpeg

Yep, blue looks good...also liking the cabernet. Didn't someone also do denim micarta? That was awesome.

Yep, blue looks good...also liking the cabernet. Didn't someone also do denim micarta? That was awesome.
Really looking forward to the maroon linen, that would look great in a drop point. It would be a tough choice between that and blue canyon for me. We've done a couple cowbells in Denim micarta, looks really good.

I have 7 of 21 left to heat treat, ahead of schedule. I'm considering making one in each material offered so we can have a good reference. If I do I might steal the maroon Linen for myself, I need a Cowbell on my hip.

Back