Cowboy Camp Knife

JK Knives

Here is one is customer supplied mesquite burl, with brass pins and "from the forge" finish.

2rclx5c.jpg

That came out nice John. I must be honest and say that I actually prefer a clean finish so I can let it build up a nice patina but it does look cool on that knife !

That burl really sets it off. Beautiful!

Wouldn't happen to have a larger version of that pic would you? I'd love to see the details closer.

what a sweet knife John... Amazing to see whats coming out of the shop these days....:thumbup:

Nice gun too!!!!!:cool:

That came out nice John. I must be honest and say that I actually prefer a clean finish so I can let it build up a nice patina but it does look cool on that knife !

I'm too damn old to wait for a patina.;)
My first exposure to John's forged finish was on my tin knife.
I put some mineral oil on it and just kept rubbing it in with my fingers. It kind of resembles color case hardening.
I love the look.

Dave

And that is one fine forged finish. Lots of character! Damn fine knife.

That came out great ! That handle material combined with the finish on the knife makes for a knockout of a combination.

Oh, wow. That's a great one! I like the direction you are taking with some handles these days, John - a bit thinner and more contoured than what we see on your classic workhorse models. Both approaches are really appealing!

As for the forged finish thing, one thing I have noticed is that the forged finish, like any finish, does wear naturally over time (though it seems quite durable compared to gun blue, for example). This leaves you with a mix of polished sections, natural patina development on the uncoated or worn areas, and forged finish, which really gives the knife a rustic 'working antique' character.

All the best,

- Mike

Very nice!

The rough finish really gives your knives that extra something, John.

that is a cool looking knife.. i like it a lot..:thumbup: i bet it's a great user...

Back