CPK Family

zmbhntr

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿
Gold Member
I just snapped a pic of my CPK family, and thought I would share. I'm enjoying them all, although I have not had the opportunity to use field knife just yet.

Jealous. My field knife is pretty lonely, it needs a twin. And I desperately need an EDC to meet Nebraska knife law restrictions when I travel there...

Great little collection!! Couple questions;

How do you like the guards on the Shiv? Do they stop your hands completely if you do a thrust?

Is that the light or heavy chopper? How does it perform on standing trees 1-2 inches thick? Can you clear em in one swipe?

Great little collection!! Couple questions;

How do you like the guards on the Shiv? Do they stop your hands completely if you do a thrust?

Is that the light or heavy chopper? How does it perform on standing trees 1-2 inches thick? Can you clear em in one swipe?

Thanks. In regards to the shiv, it feels very solid in my hands, and I think it would be more than sufficient for most thrusting situations. The grip widens going towards the blade which I think will help reduce the chance of slipping. In regards to the LC (I don't have a HC) I'm not sure about standing trees 1-2" thick. I have used mine mainly for ~1/2" brush and 4"+ diameter wood when chopping. The only vegetation I have chopped in the 1-2" range is vines, which is not at all the same animal as standing trees.

Cool! Thanks for the response :thumbup: Sounds like they are both great knives, i want to check out the shiv one day!

How does it perform on standing trees 1-2 inches thick? Can you clear em in one swipe?

I can clear 1" thick standing tree in one swipe with my LC quite easily. I will be pushing my limit at 1.5". I have to really aim and swing with a lot of force which can be dangerous. Hence, I seldom do it.

Don

Back