CPK folk are the best folk!

After posting a WTB post for some OD terotuff scales, somniloquist somniloquist responded to say that he had some grey ones. I told him sure, I was interested. He said that he'll go ahead and just give them to me just as they were given to him and he wouldn't even let me pay for the shipping either. What an outstanding super friendly gesture!! :) Just wanted to give a "thank you " and let the folks here know what kind of caliber of a member he is!! :)

View attachment 2128961

The title of this thread could not be more true! I came for the knives, but this community and the CPK team are just exceptional humans!! I wanted to give a special shout out to a few people. Sorry for the slightly longer post, but they deserve the recognition.

I’m relatively new to the CPK world, and on my first attempt to purchase a CPK knife, the seller chose to not sell to me because I was new and didn’t have any feedback yet. I have no issue with that, totally within his right to do so. I was just very disappointed.

But almost immediately two people reached out to me. Dan Zippo2 Zippo2 and Dain T The Knife Life each offered to sell me a CPK knife I wanted and help build my feedback and presence here. They gave the new guy a chance, and I am incredibly appreciative.

A couple days later, when he got online and saw what had happened, Eric D dericdesmond reached out to me and offered to sell me two other knives on my WTB and answered all my questions. And I didn’t know it at the time, but he did all this while having a brand new baby daughter at home (Ember is absolutely beautiful by the way), and being in major sleep deprivation!

And not only did these three stand up guys help me go from zero to four CPK knives in a week (my paypal was bruised and battered 😂), but they have also continued to be incredibly helpful. The CPK world here is honestly a little overwhelming and can be hard to navigate at first. I have asked tons of questions, and each of them has really helped me get up to speed and not be totally clueless (just partially now!) as I engage more and more with the CPK community. And they’re just fun to talk to.

And I also want to thank Jo Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist . Before I even tried to buy a knife on BF, she was quickly responding to my emails and guiding me where to go and what to do. I asked tons of questions (she probably got tired of seeing my name in her inbox 😁), and she was patient, gracious, kind, incredibly helpful, and just offered fantastic customer service. And I didn’t know at the time, but she’s a badass as well! Nathan Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist responded to my email too. Before I even had my first CPK in hand, they cemented that this is a stellar company.

Thank you all for helping me enter this terrific community of people and get some kickass knives as well! I truly look forward to getting to know more of you, and of course growing my CPK collection :)

Yes, I know there is a feedback thread and if this was a post about a single sale I would probably post there.
Wanted to thank SwarthyGnome SwarthyGnome for a smooth transaction on a much sought after CPK I purchased off him recently. He’s a great guy, horse, or possibly centaur. In any case, a pleasure to deal with.
He has also helped me out as a proxy.

A few other honorable mentions for Grenock Grenock who helped me put a deal together to help out another CPK fan overseas. Sure he can come off as an a-hole but I think it’s just a self defense mechanism because he’s afraid people might hug him if they ever get a chance to meet in person. Just the same, another stand up dude.

And dtmbinb dtmbinb another behind the scenes stellar member who probably won’t appreciate me calling him out publicly and likely won’t ever help me again after this post but the community at large should know he’s a great member.

And jlauffer jlauffer who hooked me up with a SDFK when I was having trouble scoring one in the sales and unbeknownst to him that generosity had a hand in me accomplishing the deal with Grenock Grenock to help out the overseas member.

As usual there are probably other members I owe a “Thank you” and I want you to know even if I have forgotten to thank you publicly I am grateful… and scatterbrained.

… the best folk!

Last edited:
So, after one of the recent sales in which I failed to obtain a winning slot I went over to the After Sale Lounge and whined.
Through my tears I typed out my unfulfilled desire to procure a DEK1 in MC.
The puddle of tears I left in the corner of the Lounge got somebody’s attention.
DrBC DrBC PM’d me to tell me he was both disgusted by me, and embarrassed for me. He said if I could man up and wipe away my tears that he’d consider selling me a DEK1 in MC after I got rid of the slip hazard I left in the corner of the Lounge.
Thank you DrBC DrBC for getting me to stop embarrassing myself in public. And thank you for maintaining the integrity of The After Sale Lounge.

Oh. And the DEK1!!!
The Doc is a generous and fine denizen of these parts.
Unsurprising really.
The best folk!

I got some LONGGG overdue love to share with some wonderful members of this community.

The first one is for Chad cpirtle cpirtle ! A month before bladeshow, I bought Chad's personal K18, part of the purchase was a voucher for a sheath to be made for the K18. After talking for a while and figuring out what I wanted, Chad entertained my request for a custom K18 leather sheath with the front overlayed with sharkskin & blue stitching. I told Chad I was coming to bladeshow and would prefer to pick up the whole package in person. Fast forward to the show, I got to meet Chad & the CPK team in person for the first time. And pick up my dream blade with an insanely special custom sheath. The sheath is stunning and all the more special to me since I hold sharks close to my heart. The sheath also could NOT be more comfortable to carry. Holding the K18 for the first time was a surreal experience. I'll remember that day and those special moments for the rest of my life. Thank you Chad, and thank you to the CPK team!

The next one is for Burton Knut Burton Knut ! My story with him started out on Jan 1st of this year. When he originally listed his K18 for sale but also mentioned he was more interested in a trade for the upcoming K20s. After discussing for a while the plan was to trade my K20 once it arrived for his K18. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, when Burton decided he wanted to pick up riding a motorcycle. He honored my initial interest in his K18 and even held it for me while I was able to build the funds for the sword and help fund his motorcycle. He is a very patient and kind man in my eyes as a result. The cherry on top is that he also hand-delivered the K18 to me. Allowing me to meet him in person, shake hands, and talk for a little while. Once again making that blade all the more special to me.

Last but certainly not least, I wanted to say thank you to D dericdesmond & EMCEE EMCEE . Eric for being extraordinarily kind and helping me and fellow members build their own personal collections and obtain some of those elusive chase CPKs. Also for the kind heart, fellow comradery, and sharing of drinks.🍺 And Michael as the intellectual & philosophical drinking buddy.🍻 Thank you both for the good times.

Before I found this wonderful community that CPK has attracted, I always viewed knives as tools and works of art, nothing more. After spending time here, I've been able to become involved with fellow members who frequent here, meet the makers, put faces to names, and talk in person with makers/members. I see it all as so much more than just well-executed pieces of steel. It's a wonderful community that supports a phenomenal team of makers.

Thank you to the CPK team & the folks who frequent these parts.

Awesome write up, Brother Beau ! Three of our fellow members mentioned are indeed special men and an absolute blast to deal with. I however, am very seldom referred to as “intellectual or philosophical”. 🤪

It was an honor being a drinkin buddy, though. Drunk or sober, I really look forward to future opportunities to hang out and/or share the love of all things CPK with you.

Best regards,

Michael

I posted in the “what knife would you like to see next from CPK” thread. I didn’t expect a pm reply offering to help me find what I was looking for. The grapevine started rattling and just like that, my request was granted.
Thanks Cap’n Smudge and DocJekl.
You guys are assets to the community.

I posted in the “what knife would you like to see next from CPK” thread. I didn’t expect a pm reply offering to help me find what I was looking for. The grapevine started rattling and just like that, my request was granted.
Thanks Cap’n Smudge and DocJekl.
You guys are assets to the community.
That may be the first time somebody called me something that started with “ass” and didn’t end with “hole”.

Back