CPM 3V trailmaster

I have been suggesting this for quite a while! Maybe if enough folks jump on the train CS will hear our request.

Yes, I would like to see this too.

I would like a more curved, ergonomic handle though.

I don't really care for the traditional handles anymore.

I hope they listen. And with a solid g10 or micarta handle

The Trail Master and Recon Scout in 3V with G-10/micarta handles?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

:D:cool:

Would love to see the Trailmaster/ laredo/ Natchez in 3V now that San mai 3 is slowly being discontinued. I would pay more for the better steel but provided they get the factory grind correct. Reprofiling my O1 Natchez bowie from 25-20 deg is already difficult enough. Won't be fun to try that with 3v on a big knife.

The Trail Master and Recon Scout in 3V with G-10/micarta handles?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

:D:cool:

You know, I thought the same thing about Micarta and G10 for some of the Cold Steel line until I had an SRK, Recon Scout and a Trail Master professionally rehandled. After changing the handles, the balance completely changed and I did not care for the feel any longer. I went back to models with krayton which had a much better balance and feel.

You know, I thought the same thing about Micarta and G10 for some of the Cold Steel line until I had an SRK, Recon Scout and a Trail Master professionally rehandled. After changing the handles, the balance completely changed and I did not care for the feel any longer. I went back to models with krayton which had a much better balance and feel.

Now that you mention it, I remember you talking about that. The G10 or Micarta was heavier than the Kraton, right? Which shifted the balance back?

Now that you mention it, I remember you talking about that. The G10 or Micarta was heavier than the Kraton, right? Which shifted the balance back?

Yes it did and it seemed like a pretty significant shift in the balance. I think that's the advantage Cold Steel has over many of my other favorite manufacturers is their fixed blades have a nice, quick feel in hand and they don't just feel like a heavy brick in hand.

It is their latest wonder steel so I am sure it will go into practically everything eventually. I sure hope that not all of their offerings will be black blades eventually.

Yep id be in for a recon scout and or trailmaster in 3v....if priced well.

Yep id be in for a recon scout and or trailmaster in 3v....if priced well.

Yep, the price would have to work. I'd expect to pay more than O-1 steel, obviously, but I don't know if I'd want to pay SMIII kind of prices for CPM3V. I have some of these in SMIII, but the difference being that it's stainless, so I was willing to fork over more for that attribute. CPM3V is extremely tough, but it's not stainless, so would improved toughness be enough to be worth the extra money? I don't see any recent reports of these knives breaking, not since they made improvements like radius cut tangs.

Back