• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

---=== CPM 3V Wa Gyuto 220mm ===--- SOLD

BenR.T.

Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey everyone! It's been a while since I have had time to make chef knife but I was able to squeeze this one in. It is my very first Wa handle, and I am very pleased with how it came out. Thanks to Mareko Maumasi and Ian Rogers for the pointers! The handle is Stabilized Oregon maple burl, bias cut micarta and copper. The balance point is right on the ricasso.
The blade on this one is CPM 3v, my all time favorite. While not a true stainless, it is very stain resistant and should be a perfect steel in the kitchen. It has a scotch brite belt finish which should aid in food release. The spine and choil are nicely rounded and polished and it is very comfortable in a pinch grip.

Here are the specs.

OAL - 13.9" (353mm)
Blade - tip to handle 8.7" (220mm)
Steel - CPM 3v at 61rc - Proper HT done by myself including Liquid nitrogen cryo.
Handle - 5.25"- Stabilized Oregon maple burl, copper and bias cut micarta
Comes with padded/zippered case
Price - $695 + $13 Priority Insured shipping
Paypal or postal money order preferred.

https://www.paypal.me/BRTBladeworks

man...that knife is right up my alley, i think its just about perfect! but what is the height at heel?

man...that knife is right up my alley, i think its just about perfect! but what is the height at heel?

Thanks. Heel height is 2"

Damn that's nice Ben! I love that you're leveraging the benefits of 3V too. If only the exchange rate was what it was a couple years ago!
Someone will be very happy with this.

Thanks guys!

If there is interest I might do a batch of these with simple 1 piece micarta Wa handles. It would keep the cost down and still have all of the performance.

Back