CQC-8 Flipper

I am firmly on the non-flipper side with Emersons. Owned all 3 flipper 7's (mini, regular, XHD) and did not care for them.

But yeah, I am sure someone is thrilled.

I feel like the horsemen would have been a better candidate for the flipper. Either way doesn’t appeal to me but that’s just me.

I’ll start by saying I’m a huge Emerson fan. Own and have owned several over the years. But I agree with most of you, not a fan of flippers. Wave it or use the thumb disc. 115Italian has got the right idea, if you wanna put a flipper tab on a knife do it to one that doesn’t have the wave. How many ways do we really need to open a knife?

I am also not a flipper fan, I eventually sold the flippers I had as it's a rather useless feature for me.

The 7 looks pug-fugly with that aweful flipper tab... but... the 8 actually works well as the tab is completely hidden when blade is deployed like the Commander. I can see how it would appeal to those that like flippers.

Next... Flipper Roadhouse!

I am firmly on the non-flipper side with Emersons. Owned all 3 flipper 7's (mini, regular, XHD) and did not care for them.

But yeah, I am sure someone is thrilled.

On my cqc7 flipper I found that when gripping the knife the meat of my pointer finger would bump the lockbar and move it over just enough that the blade would get lockrock. When I’m not holding the knife in a way where my finger can bump it there is no lock rock.

Problem is that the flipper tab makes it ao my pointer curls right into that lock cutout. On my other cqc7s even if I grip it in the same way so my pointer falls into the lockbar cutout I never bump the lockbar.

I am also not a flipper fan, I eventually sold the flippers I had as it's a rather useless feature for me.

The 7 looks pug-fugly with that aweful flipper tab... but... the 8 actually works well as the tab is completely hidden when blade is deployed like the Commander. I can see how it would appeal to those that like flippers.

Next... Flipper Roadhouse!

Glad you said it in regards to the cqc7. The 8 at least looks better.

I pulled the trigger on one of these last weekend, arrived in the mail this past Thursday. It's not bad actually. The detent is good and strong, and the blade glides out rather nicely.

I like the addition of the flipper on the 8 quite a lot. I am still holding out for a non XHD version of a flipper Commander

Back