CQC6 vs. CQC7

I know a little of the CQC6, i.e. that it spawned a revolution in tac folders, etc, but what are the primary differences between the C6 and the C7? And are there any C6's out there for the interested collector?

Originally the CQC 6 was 3.25" and CQC 7
was 3.45". The CQC 6 had a somewhat narrower and tapered handle and butt. The CQC 7 has a wider and more blunt butt. The 6 was slightly
shorter in length. 7's are rarer to come by
than 6's. Both are excellent knives and represent innovative and cutting edge (no pun intended) technologie for their time. Additionally, some of the 6's & 7's feature excellent file work on both top and bottom of Bolsters. Facilitating a extremely secure purchase/indexing of Knife
They can be found at the larger Knife Shows.
Be patient and persistant! Good Luck !

------------------
"This is the law:
There is no possible victory in defense, The Sword is more important than the shield, And skill is more important than either, The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."

[This message has been edited by Tamishigiri (edited 21 September 1999).]

As with the "armed sentry removal" post, your reply is both impressively imformative and appreciated. You answered a long standing question of mine. I take it you have been a fan of Ernest's work for some time?

------------------
"I'm tired of going over this. They're INVESTMENTS!"

Tamishigiri has arguably the most impressive collection of handmade Emersons on the planet. His closet is what all guys on this forum dream about.

Tamishigiri, you missed a minor difference between the two. On the 6, the spine of the blade towards the tip has a distinct angle, while the 7 has more of a radius. I don't know if the 7 would be a drop point or a clip pointed tanto.

------------------
Paranoia is only smart thinking
when everyone is out to get you.

Dirk makes a good point. You will notice that sometimes there are anomalies and abberations on the blades. I call it the Hand Ground Human Factor. A number of my Blades fixed and Folders are different,
denoteing the true Custom Made nature of some of the Knives.

------------------
"This is the law:
There is no possible victory in defense, The Sword is more important than the shield, And skill is more important than either, The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."

Back