Crabbing with the pass-around knife !

Me and Pit Jr went crabbing again today and I took along the Koyote pass-around knife.

There was a nice boat just off the pier as we got there......if only I could win the damn lotto !

P7290001.jpg

I went down to check out under the pier...

Lots of little fish......

P7290011.jpg

Some crabs...

P7290014.jpg

Check out the cool reflections on the underside of the pier.....

P7290009.jpg

Back up on the pier I used the Koyote to cut up some fish, it sailed through the meat and with a little pressure went through the bones....

P7290004.jpg

I told Pit Jr to take a pic of me from the back to show the sheath, even cropped ya still can't see it...LOL !!!!

P7290005.jpg

So did we get one ? You betcha, take a look at this beauty......

P7290016.jpg

Man you make me want to go home and go crabbing.
Pit, SWMBO has caught tons of crab. She uses chicken sprayed with WD-40 for bait. She swears by it, says they love the WD-40. EVER try something like that?
By the way. I think that is an old Chris Craft. I've always loved that design. Probably has a Chrysler 318 or 360 for power.

Man you make me want to go home and go crabbing.
Pit, SWMBO has caught tons of crab. She uses chicken sprayed with WD-40 for bait. She swears by it, says they love the WD-40. EVER try something like that?
By the way. I think that is an old Chris Craft. I've always loved that design. Probably has a Chrysler 318 or 360 for power.

I've heard the WD-40 thing myself as well, never tried it, I'm not sure I'd want to eat something that has just been eating WD-40 !:eek:

I've heard the WD-40 thing myself as well, never tried it, I'm not sure I'd want to eat something that has just been eating WD-40 !:eek:

I've thought the same.:confused:

man, I have such boat jealousy. I need to get another one to live on.

Thank's for all the picture's Pitdog, And I could sure nuff live In a Boat ! And the one In that Top picture Is a Beauty, Crab Is some Good Eating, I've heard of Folk's useing the WD-40 Spray on Bait for Catfish also, I think It keep's the Bait Scent sealed in longer and put's out a Scent Trail, But I'm with you Pitdog Fishing with WD-40 ? I'll stick with the Fresh Cut Bait,

lots of old school salmon fisherman used to spray their plugs and lures with wd-40, gives more shimmer and light refraction.

We will be going crabbing soon again off the twassen ferry terminal, gotta use a boat though.

Brad "the butcher";7395428 said:
lots of old school salmon fisherman used to spray their plugs and lures with wd-40, gives more shimmer and light refraction.

We will be going crabbing soon again off the twassen ferry terminal, gotta use a boat though.

That is something to remember, thanks.:thumbup:
Good luck catching crabs.;)

Back