Craig Brewer Knives

Lock back whittler 3 3/4 closed with CPM-154 blades 416 liners and bolsters with jigged bone.

LBW1_zps3s3x7vz9.jpg

LBW2_zpss42t9udp.jpg

LBW3_zpsnagkzggs.jpg

LBW4_zps1zwf2ing.jpg

LBW5_zpskkekoxcs.jpg

LBW6_zpsjzfcq0qx.jpg

An exceptionally well executed piece, Craig!! Thank for the look! I was daydreaming there for a minute:D

Thanks everyone. Here is a little one from the first part of this year, I missed getting the pictures up.

3 1/8 closed, damascus I made from 1075 and 15N20, integral 416 liners and bolsters with mammoth ivory.

DG1_zps8a543d90.jpg

DG2_zps8dbc1034.jpg

DG3_zps94816dc6.jpg

DG4_zps764ed3ee.jpg

DG5_zpsa27ce79d.jpg

DG6_zps91df54f8.jpg

Craig, I'm running out of words to express your stunning work. So glad I was fortunate to
run across your knives when I did and now to see your progress as an icon of traditional knife making.
I love both of these and I'm not damascus lover, but this piece is SUPER!

Jeff

Now that one takes the cake! I love everything about it. The way the twist pattern shows on the spring is stunning. Having used 1075 and 15N20 as mono steel for knives I have considered the mix for a billet. It does have nice contrast. Is there a reason you chose 1075 rather than 1084 or 1095 for the mix? Hope you don't mind the questions, this one just checks all of the boxes for me.

Thanks for sharing it.
I am looking forward to seeing what you have in KansasCity.

Chris

Last edited:
Thanks again everyone.

Chris, I had some 1/8 inch 15N20 I wanted to try with some 1/4 inch. At the time I only had 1/4 in 1075 so I talking to a MS about it and he suggested I give it a try and decide which mix I liked better. It is very close to 1084 when working with it, I can't tell much difference. I just mark the bars to keep up with which steel I used.

Nice work Craig! You don't see a 3 1/8" mammoth, file worked, damascus trapper with all the options every day! Really, 3 1/8"? I love it! And the whittler!!!!!!! Dang!

the damascus is great. But when someone is capable of this umbelievable level of fit and finish i just love the monosteel: excellent knives Craig!!!
The subtlieties of the pattern and contours shine also in the closed position

Thank you everyone I really appreciate the complements.

I enjoyed it so much I just had to try that whittler again. This one is for the ICCE show next weekend.

LBW1_zpsymh2sq0w.jpg

LBW2_zpsgkvsfzam.jpg

LBW3_zps2bflocu0.jpg

LBW4_zpsw9uxdizd.jpg

LBW5_zpszdlo1ass.jpg

LBW6_zpspqfzrduw.jpg

Look at the stag on that knife! Wait it's not just the stag, it's the whole knife!! Very, very nice sir.

Another grand slam from the "House of Brewer", i like the stag version even better than the jigged bone.

In my scope I don't see many makers that can top your skills, sure there are bigger names, but the craftsmanship
of your knives shines as brightly as ANYONE.

Best of luck next week at ICCE.

Jeff

3 5/8" Preban bark swayback jack. CTS-HXP blades, integral milled 416 handles, sterling silver pins and a 99% fine silver shield.

brewerswayback.jpg

brewerswayback1.jpg

brewerswayback2.jpg

brewerswayback3.jpg

brewerswayback4.jpg

brewerswayback5.jpg

brewerswayback6.jpg

sorry about the dust but wanted to show the topside

brewerswayback7.jpg

Craig, you make killer traditional knives, thanks.

Back