Crazy Competition At The Busse Shop. . . And You Can Win A Free Knife!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Busse

We divided our production team into 4 different teams. These teams will each have 2 leaders. They will be making a design of their choosing and these designs will be posted as a special offer. The team that has the biggest hit will win a valuable prize!!!! :thumbup: If a group uses your suggestion, you will receive a free knife from that offer!!!!! These can be modified versions of past designs or entirely new ideas!!!! The first one to suggest the idea that inspires the team's design will be the winner. . . . There are 4 teams and therefore, 4 chances at winning. If a team uses a design that has not been suggested, then NO prize will be awarded. Each team will decide whose post inspired them the most and will pick their own design winner.

NO DRAWINGS or PhotoShop Pics!!!! . . . They will be deleted!!!!. . . Written descriptions only!!!!!

They're gonna need your help, so tell 'em what you want and encourage them to bring it!!!!

Good luck to all who participate. . . .

Jerry :D

Here are the Team Names and their respective leaders. . . .

Super Amy & Little Boy Wonder. . . . Amy-0 and Beef

Kong & The Tooga Tot . . . . Lora and Josh

Captain Cabo & The Hill Stick Kid . . . . Garth and Ron

Under The Radar . . . . Kendra and Bubble (No one over 5' tall allowed!)

Obvious choice using an old design would be a slightly modified SHBA offering with and without choil.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Good luck to the teams and HOG's

piglet

May I suggest a proven design, but with a twist I don't think has been offered.

A Old School Satin Jack in 3/16..... Yowza

A thin NMSFNO with an ergo handle (mag slabs) and a bowie tip similar to an HG55!

Well, the heck with those little, bitty Busses.:mad:

How about a sweet, thin Busse Mac -- an INFI Machete? With a nice, long sweep to a wide tip and a firm, grippy handle ... probably with a bulge at the end (to prevent the hand from sliding off). Micarta grip would be perfect here ... rope-cut if at all possible. Shouldn't be any thicker than 3/16" at the thickest part of the spine.

A true machete would have a flat grind or perhaps a simple V (that would keep prices down).

Double Cut finish would be excellent.

If that's just too much steel per knife, I wouldn't object to a Golok.:D

Satin Jack design with and without choil . 5/32" thickness
2 micarta choices, 2 G-10 choices

My suggestion is to go back to basics, like the basic line, simple with some res C handles but tweek them up with serrations and dont make them straight handled. ergo perhaps

It would be cool to see something the size of a SFNO but with a tip like the be-wharned. Almost a flat blade with no curve. I guess it would kind of look like a reverse tanto just wider. Also something with a sort of dual skullcrusher that almost looks like teeth.

5" satin Santuko style blade with an Active Duty handle, choice of Orange and Black G-10 or green linen Micarta. The Busse Mini-Chef.

EU handle with satin jack-style blade

SAR3 (just under 4") with no choil and smaller handle.

full katana with proper balance

RE-release the SH SJ and SH BA and you'll have huge sellers!!!

I say, shrink down the ASH-1 uniformly to a 4" blade and you'll have a perfect EDC.

Do a run of HHFSH LEs with 1 of 300 numbering and machined tiger hide.

5" satin Santuko style blade with an Active Duty handle, choice of Orange and Black G-10 or green linen Micarta. The Busse Mini-Chef.

Ew, I like this idea a lot! :thumbup: I like the shrunken down ASH-1 (my idea) a little more though. :D

Oh...It is so on:thumbup::thumbup:

What the other teams do not realize is that I have my notebook FILLED with all of what you guys and gals wanted for years........:cool:

What scares me is Garth and the others having a notebook also:eek::eek:

I think this a win win for EVERYONE:thumbup:

Kisses,
Amy-0

Tony G has been pretty busy lately, not seen around much.

But he had a great idea some time ago.

Basically, a modified BA-III without a choil or with just enough choil for sharpening and a reduced talon hole. I think there were some slight handle mods and the tip was dropped just a trifle.

With luck, he'll see this Thread and do a better job of describing his idea. It was a very good one!:thumbup::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back