Creative advice from the most creative people I know

I had a thought of Atlas (the titan, not my son Atlas) holding a cat curled up into a ball but still obviously a cat. Maybe replacing the anvil with a front pic of my forge, and a unicorn on top of it. . . I want to keep the whimsy of the cat/unicorn, but have it a slight bit more serious.

My main thought for these is giveaways at shows, etc.

While I do like the idea of a "vintage" style shirt, I think that if you are going with the unicorn/kitten theme, you should make them cartoons, and have a witty quip at the bottom.
m0mrtrexhatepushups_m_Green.jpg

My main thought for these is giveaways at shows, etc.

If you want these as "giveaways" you might want to come up with a design that would appeal to a larger audience. As a designer, I'm always trying to design looking from my customers perspective. It's sometimes tough when my customer is a "girly girl" and I have to incorporate cats and unicorns:) If I was designing from my masculine view, all my t-shirt designs would have knives, anvils and hammers in them. Bottom line, even if it's a personal thing, drop the cats and unicorns. in less of course you're marketing to just female bladesmiths.

Reactions: MJV
r u kidding...the unicorn is the best part, that shirt is NOTHING without the unicorn

I still dont get it. I can appreciate your forges, and space and even unicorns... but I wouldnt wear that shirt to be honest.

OK, I'll bite. Put a basic outline pic of a cat curled up on top of the Atlas logo and put the forge below the bottom line. Pocket size logo, left chest.
For the back use the same line theme above and below a forge like on the word Atlas on the front. Make the lines above and below unicorn horns. The one on the top pointing left the one on the bottom pointing right. No real detailed pictures, it just drives up cost, outlines only.

Much happier with this, mountain lion instead of tabby. I know, people seem split 50/50 regarding the shirt. Luckily, even without the lion and unicorn, it's kinda cool.

tshirt5.jpg

Back