Crewman

Guess who may or may not have a Becker Crewman coming his way within a week or so....and at near-original retail price too.

(I just wanted to start a thread early to really let the envy brew :D )

Guess who may or may not have a Becker Crewman coming his way within a week or so....and at near-original retail price too.

(I just wanted to start a thread early to really let the envy brew :D )

Hey, Spooky, congrats on a good score, and at near-original retail price, too.

The rest of us will have to wait till they're re-released, I guess.

If I remember correctly, I paid $42 for my Crewman back in the production day. How ridiculous is that? :D

SANY0010-8.jpg

I picked one up for $65 shortly after the Cam demise...I probably could have gotten it for less is I hadn't lit up like Ralphie looking at the Red Rider when I saw it!

I am still hoping to buy a KaBar version some day...

I think just a slightly thinner version of the BK2, with maybe even a less wide blade, would be a perfect addition to the line-up. And really fill a niche/gap, too.

I think just a slightly thinner version of the BK2, with maybe even a less wide blade, would be a perfect addition to the line-up. And really fill a niche/gap, too.

I agree. The BK-2 is soooooooo overbuilt that I find myself using smaller knife because I cant justify the size/weight of the BK-2.

Very nice, I have the desert version, got it at a 40 buck discount cus for some reason the kydex in the sheath was too tight and you couldnt put the blade in or out so I talked the guy down to 40 bucks instead of 80 since I had to rip apart the sheath to fix it. Good guy, I deal with him alot, he owns two Surplus stores in Denver.

Just so you guys "hoping" KA-BAR will produce the BK-10..

(Small Beckers, BK-10, MachAx, Folders are all on the docket) Could be in 2011.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Sr Eng
Prod Dev and Qual
KA-BAR Knives

I'm stoked. About the machax too :)

I heard that so I am gonna hold out for a While but if it doesn't come out before the summer I might just have to buy the one I found online for 80 bucks

The Crewman was my favorite Becker, wish I would have kept mine :( So yeah, I guess I am a bit jealous! Congrats.

Just the slightly thinner stock and sometimes the point are cited differences that lots of folks like. Mainly the thinner stock would be my wager though. I'd be curious to know, historically speaking, if the sales of the Crewman ever approached that of the Companion? Maybe Ethan will chime in.

How much thinner is the crewman compared to the campanion sorry it's just I am bad with fractions honestly a side by side would be perfect

Last edited:
How much thinner is the crewman compared to the campanion sorry it's just I am bad with fractions honestly I side by side would be perfect

The blade on the BK-10 Crewman is .188 (3/16) inch thick. That's .062 (a little less than 1/16) inch thinner than the BK-2 Campanion.

Sorry, I don't have a BK-10 to do a side-by-side with.

Got the crewman in the mail yesterday! A very, very handsome blade, and just the thickness/weight I have been jones'n for. I'll try to snap some pics today....

Back