CRK’s and birthdates

Im looking at new old stock Sebenzas. As I’m new to knife collecting this will be my first CRK. Does a brand new model with a birthdate a couple years old affect its value? I’m looking for a flag model and some sellers have discontinued ones.
I searched the CRK forum and didn’t find an answer. Thanks

Even though you didn’t find the answer to your question in the CRK forum, that’s still probably the best place for your question.

Yeah... like stumpy said, I'd ask in the CRK subforum. I will say, though, that I haven't noticed much "value affected" interest in birthdates except for individuals who want a specific date for a personal reason. There's been more interest shown in the changes to CRK models, like a change in blade steel or the change in the steel's RC hardness, than in specific birthdates as far as I can tell.

No it does not affect the value of the knife. What does affect the value is not having the paperwork and original box it came with.
A used knife of any brand will not bring a prime price. Some have sent their CRK back for a spa treatment, it comes back looking new and then they will sell it for prime prices. Like any knife, the most sought after bring the best prices. Some CRK's won't bring top prices until several years down the road.

Adding to what Ajack60 said
You shouldn't have any problem with value. Patriotic series of the Sebenza are very popular, and discontinued just adds to that.
The one thing you may encounter is that the grease has dried up(sitting on a shelf that long) giving the knife a stiff action-just needs to be cleaned and lubed, which is easy to do.

Back