Recommendation? CRK Umnumzaan or Spartan Blades Harsey 3.25?

Hello folks,

looking for some advice here. Both models are in same category, similar construction and materials, ive heard good things bout spartan blades F&F too. That being said, zaan in tanto is my favorite model of all folders but it is indeed a big workhorse and sometimes i find it too heavy/ bulky to carry when im going out in my chinos. Was looking at a small inkosi but i find the overall design of zaan/ spartans harsey folder 3.25 more attractive. Does anyone have any experience with the spartans harsey folder 3.25 and which one would u guys recommend? Thanks in advance!

DScD9Iu

I have an Umnumzaan (tanto) and I like it very much

I don’t have the SHF 3.25!but based on what I have seen on YT it seems to be a great knife

however the size is so different that it shall be your main criteria of choice

ive heard good things bout spartan blades F&F too.

Im not entirely sure about F&F. I own a SHF full size but when i received it, the F&F wasn’t quite there yet. Standoffs spacer was dome shape on one side which leads to a gap between the scale and the spacer. Filler tab was raise significantly where i nearly grazed myself and the lockup was like 5% on slowroll deployment. But overall, i didn’t mind it since all those issues was fixable and once tuned in, its a formidable folder nonetheless and still one of my favorite to date! But i feel like spartan knife is a bit inconsistent but i heard they stepped up there game now.

I also own the Zaan, which is a flawless knife out of the box. Nothing more to add tho :D

8-DFC1-BA0-88-CB-414-C-B060-A4-DE55-BFF9-E3.jpg

i highly believe that you can’t go wrong with either but at 3.25 SHF isn’t very comparable to a Zaan, the full size is more imo.

Last edited:
I'm sticking with my zaan for now. One benefit of the spartan is the customization options. That is something that the Zaan doesn't really have.

Back