CRKT Clever Girl Folder

I bought it direct from the CRKT website with a 20% discount code I had.

So today I tried to do some stupid stuff with the knife, just to see what it would hold up to.

I stabbed it into a tree:
2OT0n42.jpg

I chopped a ~3" branch with it (it was dead and dry, been sitting on the side of my house since last summer)
h9fUVfh.jpg

jChHBKP.jpg

I did some more wood shaving with the knife after that, and the finish held up really well:
DUnkNsO.jpg

All of those marks on the blade came off when I washed it with soap & water. There was no blade play and the lockup was still rock solid. The edge also held up really well, it still sliced printer paper after chopping, the paper only caught in one or two places on the blade:
kQQRoxr.jpg

I touched it up after on the sharpmaker, and I was pleasantly surprised that the factory edge was less than 15 dps, so I gave it a 15 dps microbevel on the sharpmaker. The D2 seemed very hard, It didn't sharpen as easily as my Benchmade D2 (imo the best D2 I've had), but it did take a nice sharp edge.

The action is still a little stiff, but it is breaking in, and I realized, it actually has an adjustable detent, which is pretty cool. I disassembled it (sorry no pictures of that), and it is pretty clear that a lot of engineering and design time went into the lock. It took me a few tries to assemble it just right, so I think they would have had to step up the QC at the factory, there is really no half-assing the assembly on this, otherwise it won't work right. I think the fit an finish is pretty good, the coating on the liners has a few thin spots, mostly on the sharper corners, otherwise it was near perfect from the factory.

I don't have a Benchmade Bedlam, but I think that would be the most apt comparison for this knife, maybe I'll pick one up soon so I can better compare them.
After that very informative review this is going to be a must buy for me

Thx

Cheers
Matt

I bought it direct from the CRKT website with a 20% discount code I had.

So today I tried to do some stupid stuff with the knife, just to see what it would hold up to.

I stabbed it into a tree:
2OT0n42.jpg

I chopped a ~3" branch with it (it was dead and dry, been sitting on the side of my house since last summer)
h9fUVfh.jpg

jChHBKP.jpg

I did some more wood shaving with the knife after that, and the finish held up really well:
DUnkNsO.jpg

All of those marks on the blade came off when I washed it with soap & water. There was no blade play and the lockup was still rock solid. The edge also held up really well, it still sliced printer paper after chopping, the paper only caught in one or two places on the blade:
kQQRoxr.jpg

I touched it up after on the sharpmaker, and I was pleasantly surprised that the factory edge was less than 15 dps, so I gave it a 15 dps microbevel on the sharpmaker. The D2 seemed very hard, It didn't sharpen as easily as my Benchmade D2 (imo the best D2 I've had), but it did take a nice sharp edge.

The action is still a little stiff, but it is breaking in, and I realized, it actually has an adjustable detent, which is pretty cool. I disassembled it (sorry no pictures of that), and it is pretty clear that a lot of engineering and design time went into the lock. It took me a few tries to assemble it just right, so I think they would have had to step up the QC at the factory, there is really no half-assing the assembly on this, otherwise it won't work right. I think the fit an finish is pretty good, the coating on the liners has a few thin spots, mostly on the sharper corners, otherwise it was near perfect from the factory.

I don't have a Benchmade Bedlam, but I think that would be the most apt comparison for this knife, maybe I'll pick one up soon so I can better compare them.
Again, thanks for the pics and review. $128 is still a bit tough to swallow for a crkt. Hopefully the price will come down if it doesn't sell. That said, if the quality and execution is like yours across the board, I could possibly justify the price. Time will tell.

Just checked one out at the Blade booth, the demo one was very well done and smooth with great lockup:thumbsup:

I don't care how good the fit and finish is on this one, it is only worth $80 to me. I like it, but I don't see over $100 for it.

I have the Clever Girl fixed blade and it is a great design. This CRKT UPP pricing program is BS!! I have quite a few CRKT knives, but like several other companies, I will not buy until the pricing is right.

i ended up ordering one and received it today. the quality is superb, strong detent, no play whatsoever, feels very solid but not too heavy despite its large size
crktclevergirl.jpg

Last edited:
I saw this knife referenced in one of my emails. The price struck me as outrageously high, so I thot I would take a look here. I just don't understand the pricing. I have a WE practic (M390) that I paid ~$130 for. My AD-10 in S35VN was $150. I got a SW Modus in M390 on sale for under $100. I have a few CRKTs that I like, including the Septimo and the Endorser (Enforcer? Can't remember). But they were both under $50. I feel like I should like CRKTs, but they have done so little to encourage this feeling.

Back