CRKT Crawford Kasper pocket clip

I've been carrying a Crawford Kasper folder for a while and and I've decided that I don't really like tip down carry for a folder. It just seems so much easier to deploy with the tip up. Unfortunately, there aren't holes on this knife at the other end so that I can simply move the clip. So, I have a couple questions. . .

First, how hard is it to drill and tap new holes? I don't have a drill press, so I'm kind of worried about being able to align the new holes properly. This may be a good excuse to get the drill press kit for my Dremel. Also, I don't have a tap and die set, and I don't know what to look for in a set or have any idea how much I should expect to spend on one.

Second question. . . I'm thinking about trying to just make something myself that would attach with a screw through the lanyard hole. Has anyone ever seen or heard of or done anything like this before?

I'm also considering the possibility of making or buying a sheath for it and removing the pocket clip entirely.

Thanks in advance for your comments and advice!

i would send it off and have it drilled myself, i dont think most folks could do it by hand with no press, probably cost $20 tops.

Back