CRKT FLAT OUT

i'll take kershaws leek every time over this, it uses 14c28n steel, which is much better imho, and they do an excellent design (but mine is also edc'd)

not to mention the 'flat out' looks to be a larger version of the leek, no idea if mr onion would consider this a copy... i think it probably falls far enough away, but not by much

I have the "Up and At Em", which seems to be a stable-mate for the Flat Out. Very impressed with the action and fit and finish on mine. A pleasure to use and light for the blade length.

Hi Ian, welcome to the forums.

*Please take this a very general statement from my years on this forum and a former owner of CRKT knives*
I think you can do better then CRKT for the money. CRKT is not consistent in its heat treat and QC is ... random/questionable?

Is spring assisted important to you?

As dirc said, I'd pick a Kershaw over a CRKT.

Great knives around this price point and roughly same size blade.
Ontario Rat 1. I'd suggest spending a few more $ and getting the D2 steel but even the Aus 8 is good.
Ontario Utilitac 2.
Sypderco Byrd Cara Cara 2 or Harrier.
Kabar Jarosz
Kershaw Thermite, Cryo 2, one of the Emerson models, Grid, Al Mar AM 4 to name a few. (many are spring assisted)
Steel Will Intrigue in D2 (similar in design to the flat out)
Steel Will Modus, Cutjack in D2. The Cutjack is about $10 more tho.

At the end of the day, it's your $.

I’m not a fan of either designs but 14c28n vs a Chinese alphabet blade steel would push me in favor of the Kershaw Leek by a long shot.

Back