CRKT - PLEASE MAKE M1 in S30V, BC coated and G10.

nozh2002

BANNED
Dear CRKT!

You made a great knife! Make it perfect!
Please, give us some Limited edition with S30V steel blade (it may be even thicker), Boron Carbide coated (optional TiNi is good too), titanium liners and polished G-10 scales.

Sincerely,
Vassili.

Personally, I would prefer a satin finish to a Boron Carbide coating, but I like the idea. Not sure that CRKT would though. They don't seem too interested in making knives in that price range.

wishful thinking indeed! i'd be wicked-surprised if CRKT made any of their knives with high-class steels. that'd be neat, though! here's my vote for the same.

abe m.

Greg Lightfoot already makes a custom version, the M1 is originaly his design. The scales on the CRKT are a version of Simonich's Gunner Grips that they added.

I'd settle for one with skeletonized liners! For me, the only draw back of this knife is the weight to size ratio. They could take out alot of weight without adding alot of cost by skeletonizing the liners . . . JUST MY .02;)

Originally posted by NIB
Greg Lightfoot already makes a custom version, the M1 is originaly his design. The scales on the CRKT are a version of Simonich's Gunner Grips that they added.

Yeah, but Greg's version is $475.00 and up. CRKT would not have to charge near that much for a model like the one suggested by Vassili.

I've e-mailed CRKT many times with just that idea on the Crawford/Kasper KFF. Titanium scales, premium blade steel - I'd pay $200 for that. Unfortunately as mentioned above, they seem comfortable in their niche in the low-end price range. I would be surprised if they did an about-face at this point, but I'd be happy.

I am sure they monitoring this forum and we just should show huge demand on the market for CRKT limited edition. BM and Spyderco and other companies has limited edition time to time. Buck has custom workshop (where I got my BG-42 110). I am sure CRKT will provide same service for "collectors" or "perfectionists" like me.
Just need to show them that there is serious demand on the market.
I am also may suggest E-Lock knife with S30V or VG-10 for other limited edition run.
Thanks, Vassili.

Back