Crom!

I feel like I have solved the riddle of steel! Yes, today i received my BK-2 in the mail and it went something like this: :confused: :eek: :D :thumbup:

I am camping in two weeks and I cannot wait to beat the crap out of this knife!

(in a good way of course..)

Seriously, i feel like i am holding a real knife for the first time. Just an incredible specimen at an incredible price! Thanks to BK&T and Ka-Bar.

Wait -- just wait. Yeah, right now it feels good -- maybe like no other knife you've ever handled -- but in a couple of weeks, when you get a chance to beat the crup out of it, that'll change: it'll feel even better.

Today I decided to make a fire drill and board out of a piece of palm frond that I had laying around. I first cut it to length with my Silky saw; then the fun began. I wanted to use only tools I would have in the bush, so I pulled out my BK-2 and went to work. I used the BK-2 to baton the wood into relatively flat pieces, then to trim the edges to a manageable width: it cut like a champ. I batoned a piece for the drill, and trimmed the edges and ends to shape. I was amazed at just how well the BK-2 could handle not only the coarser chopping and splitting, but also the more delicate carving and trimming, as well as making the divots for the drill to fit into. All relatively easy, all with one knife. I also carved a piece of pine to shape for the spindle handle, and carved a divot in that. It handled the pine just as easily as it had the palm.

Every time I use this knife it feels better than it did the time before, if that's possible. I went sixty-three years before I got my BK-2, because I didn't know what I was missing: now I do, and I'll never be without my BK-2 again.

Yeah, nights1977, you found a real knife. You're gonna love it.

Oh, did I mention that I really like this knife?

I got mine a couple of days ago. Wow! This is an awesome tool. I'm really surprised it doesn't get more press. I can't wait to take mine to the field. I have a spec-ops combat master sheath coming that should compliment this knife very well.

That's the only failing of the BK-2, I think; the sheath. The one that comes with it is sturdy and serviceable, but it's not all that it could be. Still, for the price, it is a good usable sheath.

Let us know how the spec-ops combat master sheath works out for you when you get it, and take lots of pictures, please.

You'll like the spec ops plenty good, it fits the knife well and has a pocket for doo dads and such. It provides more versatility for carrying the knife which I like, looks high speed and low drag which I also like, and you would have to work pretty hard to tear one up. They cost a bit, but they are well built and should last forever. GET ONE NOW!;)

Chuck

Please don't tempt me when I'm so poor. My wants are bigger than my bank account, unfortunately.

Bob,

You wont be hurtin with the original sheath, mod it to fit your tastes. The slots on the side of the sheath just cry out to have some kind of pouch thingy strapped to it for kit to go in.
Only my Camillus BK-2 has a spec ops, my KaBar still is in the original sheath and works fine.

Chuck

Chuck,

While I like the looks of the spec-ops sheath, the one that came with my Ka-Bar BK-2 is working just fine. I do strap various things (fire steel, etc.) to it when I go out. As I said earlier in the thread, it's a good serviceable sheath, and it works well for me. The spec-ops, however, looks more versatile, I just can't afford it right now. Maybe someday ...

Back