Crossbolt strength/wear

Here's the scenario:

-Everytime I let ANYONE see/handle:barf: my MPC, I first explain the crossbolt lock, and then show it to them to avoid confusion.

-They (from LEOs to Messengers) ALWAYS DO NOT DISENGAGE the crossbolt and TRY TO OPEN IT with one/ TWO hands, which just makes it open almost enough for the tip to clear. Dumbfounded by why it won't open, they will then proceed to just TRY HARDER:mad: :mad: :mad:

My question is, if this kinda continual stress on the crossbolt will compromise the area of the handle that blocks the crossbolt or the crossbolt itself? ER folders seem to be just about indestructable so I am not too worried about it, but I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on this. Thanks:)

In the meantime, NO ONE touches my knives, unless they have some piece of damning evidence that yes, they too are indeed a Knut.
:grumpy: ;)

NO!!!!! It will not put undue stress on the handle! I have witnessed the same thing and it can become very irritating...would make a interesting scientifiv study.

I had the same thing happen -- One of my buddies tried to open the M.P.C. with the lock on. :D I had to take it away from him. ;)

Never let anyone
handle your knives.

I am continually amazed at how incapable most people are when it comes to the simplest of tools. They don't even know how to wipe the blood off when they cut themselves, and I hate to have to do it for them. :rolleyes:

Back