crunch sheath

Hi all,
So I really like my LM Crunch, but how do you carry the bits you need? The standard sheath has no place to put them, since they don't come with it.
Are there any crunch users out there who have a innovative solution to this that they would like to share? I refuse to put the bits in my pocket and spend a minute retrieving the one I need. :grumpy:

Thanks,

CODE 3 said:
Visit Leatherman's website at www.leatherman.com

They sell the appropriate sheath for your tool, and all of your bits.

Well, that's the first place I checked. They sell the sheath I have (Nylon/Crunch), and sheaths for the tool adapters, and combinations for
the wave, super-tool etc.

Since the crunch doesn't use a tool adapter, I'm just looking for a sheath/solution that will hold the crunch and the bits I typically use. I don't want to buy a wave/supertool sheath just to get the little red bit holder (which wouldn't fit inside the sheath I have anyway). I'm not sure the crunch would fit well in a combo sheath either. :confused:

I was considering sewing a pocket onto the sheath, but was hoping for something simpler (you need to close it so they don't fall out) and/or more elegant.

CODE 3 said:
In that case, you might try the Benchmade combo sheath.

It has two pouches on it, and is designed to carry a folding knife, and their rescue hook. I use the sheath to carry a multi tool, and a small flashlight.

Check it out here:

http://www.benchmade.com/products/product_detail.asp?model=981086X

Thanks, that looks like what I was going to make... May I ask which multi-tool (dimesions) and which flashlight and how tight they fit?
Thanks,

I carry a SOG PowerLock, and a Mag-Lite Solitaire in the pouch.

It's a tight fit for both, but works ok.

CODE 3 said:
I carry a SOG PowerLock, and a Mag-Lite Solitaire in the pouch.

It's a tight fit for both, but works ok.

Interesting... I got said sheath and it fits my crunch in the back pocket and my _CYBERTOOL 41_ in the front pouch!!! :cool: (Crunch is thinner than most full size leathermans)...
Having my cybertool and crunch together is better than a bit-carrying solution. The sheath is stretched, but appears to not care after a week so far. I presume it will wear out quickly, but there's only one way to find out.
Thanks for the reference!
:D

Has anyone else tried to abuse a benchmade nylon sheath?

Back