Crusader Cook Kit

This will probably get moved to the Gear-Forum, but great review; I’ve used the USGI canteen kit for several years, but I really like the Crusader set up. The Crusader cup is much sturdier and I actually like the NATO plastic canteen cup for hot beverages. I’ve also found that my older Vargo titanium alcohol stove fits inside the stove center. It holds just enough alcohol to get a cup full of water to a rolling boil. Also, I ended up getting a great gent from UK to make me a nice lid (although Heavy Cover, Inc. is planning on making one of their awesome lids for the Crusader cup). With the aluminum lid, you can use it directly over a fire or coals…that would (and has) melt the plastic lid. Overall, the kit is well made and even with several USGI kits, I still prefer the NATO canteen/cup and Crusader kit combo.

StandVargo.jpg

Kit1-1.jpg

Lid1.jpg

ROCK6

The crusader is a good kit. I bought my components separately: Mug , lid , and cooking base. For me it was cheaper than buying the whole kit as I didn't need the Nato canteen and cup. I prefer this system a lot. Paired with my PocketRocket stove and a small billy can , I'm set :thumbup:

Back