Cryoed Mach 3 review/and a cryo question.

KC Slim

Fat Bastid
I finally got to using the Cryo Mach 3 razors I ordered,and so far the result's are positive. I am on my fourth shave with this blade,and it shaves just as nice as the first time. Heres my question,If I were to send let's say a Mission fixed blade knife,to these cryo guys,would this knife acheive the same benificial porperties as the Mach 3 blades? :confused:

Probably not.Much of what is heard about cryo is nonsense. The valid comments are valid depending on the type of steel.If you want more technical answers search 'Shop Talk' for my numerous metallurgical comments about cryo.

Well I have been using the same cryoed blade since I posted this message,and it is still sharp,so I would have to say that cryo is the way to go.

I'm not sure a cryo'ed Titanium blade would behave differently. Cryo treatment of carbon steel has proven itself to be a benefit in industrial and racing circles. It's not just hype ;)

I suspect the technology that makes this Cryo stuff work is very similar to the treatments Bladesmiths use while forging a good blade.

Back