CS Katana re-handle complete

Well I think I have finished my Katana re-handle. Remember this is first handle considering I had to make the guard with some hand tools and a cut off tool I don't think it turned out to bad. The guard is a combination of stock steel on one side and copper on the other. I know my overall symmetry is off a little, but I do not believe this handle will be breakin' any time soon.
Anyone know what they seal G10 with?
HPIM0737_zps40401ec2.jpg

Hey, dogs. Looks great. Love the copper/steel guard. :thumbup: You'll probably get many answers on how to finish, but I've read that Birchwood Casey Tru Oil gunstock finish works well to finish and bring out the colors on Micarta. I assume it would work on G-10, too.

Thanks G. Scott it just so happens I have some.
Mike Stewart owner of BRKT knives commented that G10 should finish out by just continuing to use finer and finer grits until you polish it out.
So that's what I did.
HPIM0742_zpsabfc8e42.jpg

Last edited:
Micheal T. I ended up putting some cloth buffing wheels back on my grinder, but before I did that I went 240, 400, 800.
I will try to get some more pics up latter on.
Thanks for all the positive words, much appreciated.
:)

The last pic is pretty much the final product I have got to clean the blade up some were it got nastied up working on the handle will post some full pic mid week.

Someone mention that I should have put a laynard tube in it, to keep it from flying away if I lost control. The reason I did not intially was that I felt the hole that was there (Factory) was way to big, and to close to the end of the handle.
I got to thinking, I know that spells trouble, lol. That when I put the handles together with Acra-glass that, that big hole was completely filled in with Acra-Glass. So, I am going to attempt a retro-fit lanyard tube. I actually don't have a tube, went to lowes and the only thing close was some copper tubing and I wanted brass to keep it the same as the Corby bolts. I am going to try to use a .22 mag casing.

Back