CS O1 Trailmaster pictures

Hi guys

I am deciding between CS O1 Trailmaster and other makers knife....

Those who own CS Trailmasters, could you post some nice pictures of this beauty for my joy please? I believe it is very good quality and worth the price-just wish to look at some more pictures to made my decision for this knife.

Thank you to all

Get the Trailmaster. It's a model that has been around and proven for many decades. The 01 version
is a good steel and made in Taiwan. The Crocodile Dundee knife is made in China with the universal 440c.
Between these two choices even people who dislike CS will tell you to get the TM.
If you really want "one" for your lifetime save up for the Sanmai III Trailmaster. Before they become impossible to get.
I have both TM versions.

Ahhhh, the O1 Trail Master. Still my all time favorite large knife. As many times as I've tried to replace it with offerings 6X's it's price, it continues to be my go-to large blade. I've had every generation of TM but the O1 steel is my favorite. I tried a chopping comparison between the TM, a Battle Mistress, Junglas and a Scrap Yard 911 but the Trail Master came out on top. The Trailmaster has the best factory edge and finish of any factory blade I've ever had. I recognize that if the other blades had the same edge they would likely out chop it because of their extra weight but I went with the factory edges for the comparison. Another thing I don't think the TM gets enough credit for is just how it feels in the hand. It is such a lively blade for its size and one can really generate power and speed with it. Here are a few quick pics. You can't go wrong with a Trail Master!

Last edited:
Ahhhh, the O1 Trail Master. Still my all time favorite large knife. As many times as I've tried to replace it with offerings 6X's it's price, it continues to be my go-to large blade. I've had every generation of TM but the O1 steel is my favorite. I tried a chopping comparison between the TM, a Battle Mistress, Junglas and a Scrap Yard 911 but the Trail Master came out on top. The Trailmaster has the best factory edge and finish of any factory blade I've ever had. I recognize that if the other blades had the same edge they would likely out chop it because of their extra weight but I went with the factory edges for the comparison. Another thing I don't think the TM gets enough credit for is just how it feels in the hand. It is such a lively blade for its size and one can really generate power and speed with it. Here are a few quick pics. You can't go wrong with a Trail Master!

Fantastic post UCPOPO! Thank you! You have some amount of TM's home!:)

I have both 01 and Sanmai III Trailmaster (& Carbon V for that matter). I Love the CS Trailmasters. That said, I don't know what is meant by "other makers knife....", but The Down Under Outback Bowie is 440c, and made in "Asia"" according to Outback, and mine at least is exceptionally well made, with nearly flawless fit & finish, incl. beautifully mirror polished blade (I didn't pay anywhere close to 200 bucks for it either). But, the CONDOR Dundee Bowie is 1075 Carbon and is made in El Salvador and is one helluva knife for 50 bucks, IMHO.

Well, Thx. I hadn't seen that, so had no idea which knife the OP in THIS thread was talking about. As I mentioned, I love my Trail masters (and Recon Scout, and Master Hunter, and ...and ..and...I have at least 30-40 CS products.... Prolly more, I've lost count) For actual field work, I too would choose the CS over the Outback, and carbon steel over stainless (in general. I don't own or use any of the newer, more exotic stainless steel now available). I do most of my chopping tasks these days with a Browning Crowell/Barker Competition Knife, which works very well for me.

Chill out ichor. Not your fault for not reading the OP's mind. The OP should have mentioned the model here. Especially since he started a parallel thread in the General Discussion section.

Chill out ichor. Not your fault for not reading the OP's mind. The OP should have mentioned the model here. Especially since he started a parallel thread in the General Discussion section.

Yeah, no sweat. I'm not even slightly "unchilled" ;') Just wanted to make my viewpoint as clear as I can.

Just curious, what is it about the O1 Trailmaster that makes you like it better than the Carbon V (52100 derivative) model? The carbon v is higher quality steel than O1.

Just curious, what is it about the O1 Trailmaster that makes you like it better than the Carbon V (52100 derivative) model? The carbon v is higher quality steel than O1.

The steels preform very simular to me although I think the O1 can get a very slightly sharper edge. I would not consider Carbon V any better than properly heat treated O1 from my experience. The only major advantage to the new models is the fact that the O1 Trail Master has radiused edges to eliminate the concern of stressers that many worried about on the older Carbon V models. I've only seen a few broken Trail Masters over the years but they were always at the old squared off blade/tang transition.

The steels preform very simular to me although I think the O1 can get a very slightly sharper edge. I would not consider Carbon V any better than properly heat treated O1 from my experience. The only major advantage to the new models is the fact that the O1 Trail Master has radiused edges to eliminate the concern of stressers that many worried about on the older Carbon V models. I've only seen a few broken Trail Masters over the years but they were always at the old squared off blade/tang transition.

I think one way or the other,nobody can go wrong with O1 steel TM from CS,it must be very high value for money buy.... I love them knifes just looking at pictures can well imagine how well they are made and comfortable to use!

Back