CS Special forces shovel

I'd like to have a sheath made for a Cold steel special forces shovel. The cheap nylon sheath that CS offers doesn't live up to the sturdiness of the tool it houses. I keep mine pretty sharp cringe every time I put it back into the sheath, worried about it cutting through the nylon. I have toyed with the idea of making my own, but decided to leave it up to the professional.

What I want doesn't necessarily need to be worn on your person, not that it wouldn't be a great option. I'm mainly looking for a super tough and safe cover for one of my favorite outdoor tools. Ideally, I would like it to have some means of attachment to MOLLE gear for wear on my ruck.

Robert, have you ever made anything like this for the CS shovel? Can you make one? What do you think of the idea? Any suggestions? I don't know if you have one of these tools, but they are great. I can highly recommend the tool, it performs quite a few functions.

Would anybody else be interested in getting a sheath like this made?

Thanks

I'm working on a batch right now, actually. I'll post pics when I'm done.

That is great! Can't wait to see one.
When will they be available to purchase and where do I sign?

You can order it at any time. Give me a call and I'll set it up.

Any pics yet RH? And would it be possible to have a altoids tin sized pouch for a PSK on one of these sheaths?

Robert, Russ from ocala here....Tap...Tap...Tap, HEY IS this Mike on :confused:;):D When is best to get a hold of you bro.

Russ

PM me your phone number, Russ, I'll call you.

And they're done. The interesting thing about the shape of a shovel when molded is it locks into the curve of the blade. Make a nice firm fit that draws one handed.

DSC01411.jpg

DSC01410.jpg

The interesting thing about the shape of a shovel when molded is it locks into the curve of the blade. Make a nice firm fit that draws one handed.

I was almost positive this was going to be the case. Great minds think alike. I just don't have the skill to do something like this....yet.

Any ideas for attachment methods? Alice clips, molle straps. I'd love to be able to stick mine on my ruck for camping.

I'll order one when I get paid next week, then post pics of the custom handle I turned out of nylatron rod.

Bottom line, It looks great!

I've put some large Malice on them. Excellent fit.

Back