Custom Bayonet

Not that I'll have the money for years, but would it be possible to order a custom AK Bowie which would be compatible with AR15/M16 bayonet lugs.

I wonder how ridiculously expensive that would be.

Never having bayoneted anyone, I hesitate to speak, but IMHO that sounds like one horrendously bad bayonet. I had a chance once to play with a huge yataghan sword-bayonet (Japanese I think), which struck me as a terrible clumsy bayonet and not much use as a sword. I have seen but not handled a US Army bolo bayonet and a trowel bayonet for the Krag-Jørgensen, I think — another pair of losers — especially the trowel, guaranteed to get stuck in anyone you used it on. Our 18th century ancestors, who actually used bayonets in combat, thought a triangular spike was ideal. Maybe they knew something.

Assuming everyone was willing, you would almost certainly need to send a set of lugs over for them to test-fit with. They are very skilled at what they do but you must remember there aren't many calipers, etc. around over there.

I would think that there might be a problem (from the Maoists) with a Nepali making something to attach to a foreign rifle. It'd probably be easier to order the knife you want and have the ring and lugs properly welded on.

I would think that there might be a problem (from the Maoists) with a Nepali making something to attach to a foreign rifle. It'd probably be easier to order the knife you want and have the ring and lugs properly welded on.

The M16A4 is the Nepal Army's top-of-the-line infantry weapon: 25 thousand were supplied by the US under the War on Terror, beginning August 2002. They also use the Indian INSAS (not been popular in service due to reliability problems), the M4 and the Galil.

I think Sgt. Khadka would be the man to ask about the possibility of a HI bayonet for the M16. Kumar Karda looks like a useable bayonet blade.

Oh SNAP! I think I just got pulled into making a bayonet for my AR that has yet to be built.

I have till Jan 20th to finish my build if my predictions are correct... of course I am still totally broke.

It would be WAY cheaper and easier and less of a headache on the staff at HI if you took one of the DOTD's and made it yourself. Not to sound bad or talk down to the folks at HI. They are AWSOME, but they don't specialize in bayonets.

Besides, making stuff yourself is alot of fun.

All you really need is the internal diameter of the bayonet hole so that you can make the bayonet fit. Take like some cheap 300-400 series stainless steel, drill the hole, fit it to the rat tail tang, polish the poo out of it, then fit it with the handle of your liking...

Then you can take the lugs at the rear off of a old (broken?) bayonet and re-mount that to the HI blade that you wanted. Perhaps you could drill and tap the lugs or solder on a fitting to the lugs so that the HI blade would fit really well. It would take alot of work, but it would be UBER-MALL-NINGA-ISH.

I dont know... I dont have a Bayonet in my collection that attaches to a AR-16/M-16 varient of rifle.

Just thinking....:p

Back