• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom bowie knife maker.

Hi, anyone know of any knifemakers who will make a knife to my specifications for a great price?

Last edited:
There are a lot of makers here who can make a great Bowie, but they aren't going to be cheap. Think $600.00 and up depending on the maker and complexity of the design.

Best bowie maker here on the forums, Nick Wheeler.
Great price for the amount of work he puts in all of his knives.

Best bowie maker here on the forums, Nick Wheeler.
Great price for the amount of work he puts in all of his knives.

I wouldn't insult any of them by saying one was better then the others.

Steve Culver
Bruce Bump
Nick Wheeler
John Perry
Kyle Royer
Jerry Fisk

and many many more.

Buy once cry once.

Depends on your definition of good price.

I wouldn't insult any of them by saying one was better then the others.

Steve Culver
Bruce Bump
Nick Wheeler
John Perry
Kyle Royer
Jerry Fisk

and many many more.

Buy once cry once.

I didn't mean to offend anyone and if I did, I apologize.
I've been watching a bunch of his videos so his knives are in my head.
Again, sorry.

Don't forget David Stifle. He makes the most amazing recurves. The proportions and flow are amazing.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone will mind folks talking about their favorite Bowie makers in Shop Talk, but lets leave out price talk and specifics.

Asking for a quick answer to who makes a good custom bowie is like asking which sports car is "best". You need to narrow down your parameters a lot more.

There are literally dozens of bladesmiths making really nice bowies today.

There's always Randall made if you don't mind the wait and you can get it made to your wants. There's lots of them on the bay all the time.

You are not allowed to do business in Shop Talk. I am moving this to "The Exchange - Knifemaker Services Wanted".

Back