Custom Compact Chopper Kukri

Kailash Blades

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Really happy with this recent custom we made and thought it was worth sharing. This is based off our 13" bladed scourge anniversary khukuri, a very popular blade of ours but it's had a few changes made. First up the blade has been shrunk slightly down to 11" for something a bit more manouverable and compact.

full

Next up the handle has been streamlined slightly and shrunk down for a more snug grip but less adjustability. The usual scourge handle has space to slide back for more power if needed where this has enough wiggle room for gloves but that's all really. The copper plate bolster brings the balance closer to the hand for carving and finer work but adds heft for when chopping through the shoulder. Finally a fuller, black micarta and copper hardware bring a lot of visual impact to the situation. Let me know what you think!
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash.
Take care,
Andrew

Thanks mate! This blade sold with a stacked leather sheath but we can also work with kydex which could be a very cool matchup.
beautiful,these should sell do they come with a sheath?

Could be a classic. Quite a beauty!
Needs some field testing and a solid objective review but yeah, "these should sell" :thumbsup:

Could be a classic. Quite a beauty!
Needs some field testing and a solid objective review but yeah, "these should sell" :thumbsup:
Thanks mate! So far this is a one off so there may not be a review from the person who commissioned it. However if he leaves any feedback I'll be sure to post it here :)

Thanks steven! I think the copper is what's really done it. Brass would've made a bit too much contrast- this is a little smoother.

Back