Custom Fighting Kukri- modern, sleek and practical

Kailash Blades

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
We first drew this pattern up in 2018 as part of a pretty common customer enquiry. I like the idea of how these traditional khukuris handle but I like the modern styling and ergonomics of the Scourge. Putting these two blades into one is much more easily said than done though. The scourge has a very maximal design with a lot of bulky straight lines while traditional blades are a lot smoother with gradual streamlined curves. The end result of dialling back some of the more extreme parts of the scourge's handle and pumping up some elements of the mutiny's blade is what you see below.

full

Despite this blade never having an official name or product page, people always come across it while cruising through our instagram and we end up making a new one every 6 months or so. It's also ended up being quite influential to other designs, with the central ride coming out of the end of the fuller moving over to some of our standard offerings and the streamlined scourge handle variant becoming the go to for a lot of modern customs looking for a touch of ergonomics and increased retention.
Do you think we should make this a standard website model based off its continued demand? What do you think we should call this thing?
Take care,
Andrew and the Team at Kailash.

Lazarus sounds great. What are the specs on it?

It's a 14" blade with a 6mm spine at bolster. Handle is 7" long from front of bolster to pommel and the final weight is arounf 700g depending on materials and grinds etc :)

I don't know why but that makes me think of the name "Shining Light"
That's a great name!

Last edited:
Back