1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Custom Grinding, Heat treating, And Sheathwork

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop: Services Offered' started by michael o'machearley, Jul 25, 2014.

1. michael o'machearley

michael o'machearley

Sep 13, 2007
    I have been doing contract grinding and heat treating for companies and individuals for awhile now. Hollow and flat. Not regrinds of factory blades, I grind blanks . Also custom sheathwork
    If anyone needs my services PM me
    Thanks and GOD BLESS!
    Michael

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    Brian77 likes this.
  2. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
  3. michael o'machearley

michael o'machearley

Sep 13, 2007
    got it changed, thanks

4. tump

tump

Feb 2, 2013
    Just got my blades back and they look great fast turn around time to. Thanks mike

5. sgmtino

sgmtino

Jul 2, 2002
    what do you charge for heat treating also what steels do you heat treat?

6. orrinrocks

orrinrocks

Mar 2, 2014
    4 blades in, thanks for the great work!

7. knifeaholic2010

knifeaholic2010

Feb 14, 2011
    Hi. I am in need of of heat treat..ect on a folder blade..made of A2.. what do you charge? For heat treat. Thanks

8. TheZunster

TheZunster

Nov 7, 2014
    what do you charge for heat treating?

9. TheZunster

TheZunster

Nov 7, 2014
    and are you able to heat treat 440c Stainless?

10. zcostilla

zcostilla

Dec 20, 2005
    I have some CPM M4 blanks I made about seven years back. Never heat treated them though. Is that soemthing you could do, and if so, please PM me details in cost, shipping, etc.

Zac

11. ak74auto

ak74auto

Jan 28, 2006
    I am looking for someone that can grind and profile/bevel 30 stainless steel blanks. The blanks are made of 154 CMP stainless steel, they are .150" thick, and the actual cutting edge is just over 2" on each side. Please see the attached photo. Please contact me if you are interested in this project. The blades have not been heat treated yet, they will not to be heat treated and sharpened too. I have found a company that will heat treat them, but I would like to keep as many steps as possible in house with one service provider.

Please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks View attachment 583803

12. TJArchery

TJArchery

Sep 17, 2014
    Hello,

I have a Bowie I started (still blank) and need it ground, I would do it but at present I am unable. It is quite large, A2 tool steel, 3/16". 17.5" overall with a 13" blade, 2.5" at the thickest, clip pointed.

I am looking to do a flat grind in the blade and partial flat on the clip point.

I can send a pic of the blank which was cut on a waterjet, edges are very clean.

If your intrested let me know.

Tim

13. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    Pretty sad communication...
    Russ

14. ncrowner

ncrowner

Oct 1, 2015
    Brian77 likes this.
  15. ncrowner

ncrowner

Oct 1, 2015
    Brian77 likes this.
  16. ncrowner

ncrowner

Oct 1, 2015
    Looking for someone to flat grind my small hunters in 1095 mild steel.

Thanks

Neil Crowner
    [email protected]
    301-904-4735

17. Terry S

Terry S

May 11, 2017
    Hello!

I'm pricing out making some knives for me and a couple friends. When I get ready to do this project, I'll have three knife blanks that will need to be ground and heat treated. Basic tanto style blade, flat grind on all three. Pretty basic. they would be with either W2 or A2 tool steel. I haven't decided yet. Anyway, I would like to know if you still offer services and how much it would cost to get all three knives done? And, what would be the price if I ground them myself and just had you heat treat them?

My email is [email protected]

Thank you!

Brian77 likes this.