1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Custom Hamilton Khaki Field Auto 38mm - Plexi Crystal, Matte Dial, White Hands

Discussion in 'For Sale: Gadgets & Gear (Individual)' started by m.and, Aug 14, 2019.

1. m.and

m.and Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Up for sale is a Hamilton Khaki Field Auto that I just finished customizing. The overall condition of the watch is excellent with just a few minor scratches in the brushed finish, but no major dents or dings. It seems to be running strong at just a few seconds fast per day. I have made the following modifications to the watch:

• Swapped the sapphire crystal for a low dome, German made acrylic crystal. This crystal gives the watch a nice, vintage look and provides better visibility than the stock non-AR coated Sapphire crystal. I cannot guarantee the watch retains the original 100m water resistance, but you shouldn't have to worry about wearing the watch in the rain.
    • Installed a matte finished gray-green dial from a rare, discontinued Hamilton Auto model. It is hard to really capture the true color of the dial - sometimes it looks gray, sometimes it looks like a dark olive drab.
    • Installed matte white hands from a Hamilton Khaki Mechanical.
    • Brushed the polished bezel to a satin finish for a more subdued, tool watch look.

Included in the sale with the watch is a BandR Bands brown leather strap, Hamilton box, and the original sapphire. If you prefer the sapphire crystal to the acrylic I will be happy to reinstall it before I send it.

Price: $325 which includes US-50 Priority shipping and PayPal fees. I am not interested in trades or international sales. Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions or need any more photos.

Best,
    Matthew

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

atdegs and fq55 like this.
  2. TXZerb

TXZerb Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2018
    I could probably look it up, but I'm lazy. What is the diameter? Never mind just re-read the title. Sorry.

3. m.and

m.and Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 8, 2009
    38mm excluding the crown. 20mm between the lugs.

4. xterran

xterran

Jan 11, 2006
    Very nice!