• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom Hamilton Khaki Field Auto 38mm - Plexi Crystal, Matte Dial, White Hands

m.and

Gold Member
Up for sale is a Hamilton Khaki Field Auto that I just finished customizing. The overall condition of the watch is excellent with just a few minor scratches in the brushed finish, but no major dents or dings. It seems to be running strong at just a few seconds fast per day. I have made the following modifications to the watch:

• Swapped the sapphire crystal for a low dome, German made acrylic crystal. This crystal gives the watch a nice, vintage look and provides better visibility than the stock non-AR coated Sapphire crystal. I cannot guarantee the watch retains the original 100m water resistance, but you shouldn't have to worry about wearing the watch in the rain.
  • Installed a matte finished gray-green dial from a rare, discontinued Hamilton Auto model. It is hard to really capture the true color of the dial - sometimes it looks gray, sometimes it looks like a dark olive drab.
  • Installed matte white hands from a Hamilton Khaki Mechanical.
  • Brushed the polished bezel to a satin finish for a more subdued, tool watch look.

Included in the sale with the watch is a BandR Bands brown leather strap, Hamilton box, and the original sapphire. If you prefer the sapphire crystal to the acrylic I will be happy to reinstall it before I send it.

Price: $325 which includes US-50 Priority shipping and PayPal fees. I am not interested in trades or international sales. Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions or need any more photos.

Best,
Matthew

I could probably look it up, but I'm lazy. What is the diameter? Never mind just re-read the title. Sorry.

Hi! I realise that it was a long time ago, but do you remember, by the chance, where you get the crystal and some details about it? I would really appreciate it. I got recently the watch and the original sapphire there is killing me :D Thanks in advance! Stas

Hi! I realise that it was a long time ago, but do you remember, by the chance, where you get the crystal and some details about it? I would really appreciate it. I got recently the watch and the original sapphire there is killing me :D Thanks in advance! Stas
Hey Stas,

You've got two options for replacement crystals for the Khaki 38mm. If you want to go the Plexiglas route I would suggest getting the PK Lo Dome crystal from Esslinger. You'll need size 30 1/2.

If you want to stick with sapphire, Crystaltimes has two AR coated options specifically made for the Khaki.

Back