Custom integral builders

Does anyone know of a knife makers that does a stock removal integral gaurd design that actually has guards that are big enough to protect you and designed with actual flat guards. I've searched and looked everywhere for literally years. And there is always one that is almost it!! But the gaurds just aren't big enough.

Kind of nice stuff he makes but not my style. I talking like integral gaurd like on the cs gi tanto. Kind of like the Busse Gemini brigade knives. Or the hinderer k bar only a bit bigger than the gaurd on that. But that style.

Ooohhh crk got it right with the green beret knife. But I wouldn't, probably gaurd ain't big enough anyway. Extreme ratio got it right on a couple too.

I guess it doesn't,I have never seen any that were forged out in a way I liked. I guess to pound out the glob of metal where the gaurds would go and grind to finish would work.

I've been revisiting that one lately as a idea to modify basically I want a overbuilt kabar Bowie with integral gaurd and no choil!! like everyone seems to do nowadays and a gaurd that is like between a strong 5/8 to 3/4 inches below the blade.and square not nice and contoured on the handle so your hand slides over the gaurd. So many companies make the "almost it" knife, and I've been disappointed by lots of them.

Back