1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Custom Knife Identification, please and thank you :)

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by abespshop, Jul 11, 2019 at 4:50 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abespshop

abespshop

Thursday
    Hello Everyone,

First off thank you to everyone for taking the time to view this thread and any insight that can be offered. I have combed the internet pretty thoroughly and believe these to be at worse semi-custom knives but believe them to be customs. If any assistance can be provided with ID on maker or model I'd greatly appreciate it. I picked these all up for pretty cheap. Hoping there is some decent stuff, already satisfied with most of it. [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2019 at 1:15 AM
  2. Chris Meyer

Chris Meyer

Aug 15, 2005
    The knife in images 1 and 2 have Phill Hartsfield's mark on them, or at least a forgery of it. I have no idea whether or not he actually made that knife. If you post your images so they appear on the page, I'm sure someone who knows will chime in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. abespshop

abespshop

Thursday
    Thank you for your help and posting the pics! I wasn't sure how the images would be posted if i pasted the URL. I didn't see any attachment options for posting. But think i figured out a way. Pics should be below.

KNIFE #1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    Looks like a Hartsfield Zahid Special.

5. abespshop

abespshop

Thursday
    KNIFE #2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KNIFE #3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Chris Meyer

Chris Meyer

Aug 15, 2005
  7. abespshop

abespshop

Thursday
    KNIFE #4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Chris Meyer

Chris Meyer

Aug 15, 2005
    I like the second knife the best by far. Just to throw out a guess, I'll say Russian, or possibly Nordic.

No idea on the 4th knife.

9. abespshop

abespshop

Thursday
    KNIFE #5 AND #6
    These are clearly marked with the maker and it doesn't appear they are production knives. Maybe semi custom due to the handles ? I am not familiar with the makers and their websites look a bit outdated with no current pricing namely the G. Hicks Knife. The Spencer Knife I was not able to find a matching marking on other "spencer" knives.
    KNIVE #5
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KNIVE #6
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you again for all your help! Appreciate the knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2019 at 1:16 AM
  10. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    You were doing well until you asked that last question.... ;)

11. abespshop

abespshop

Thursday
    Who better to ask but the experts? :)

12. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    NEW MEMBERS :: Please read this :: WHAT IS MY KNIFE WORTH?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.