Custom Machined Razor/Shaving Stand - Solid Brass

What began as a search for my spare blades and also a nicer razor stand turned into a months-long project, that I am happy to say has reached its conclusion. I have spent more time, energy, and thought than I care to admit creating this, but it has turned out exactly as envisioned.

This razor stand is made from solid brass and consists of 4 precision-machined components - the base, shaft, top plate, and top nut. Everything threads together smoothly by hand with fine-pitch threads. The openings will fit most brushes and razors, which was important to me as I expand my collection. The brush side is tapered to nestle the brush in place, and the razor side has a small relief to help keep my razor in place. The razor side is also radiused to help prevent dings/damage when setting razors in place.

Now for the best part - flip the stand over, and you will find a pocket with a neodymium magnet. This pocket will hold 5-10 blades, so I always know where my spares are
1f642.png
:)

I had a lot of fun coming up with this, and hope you enjoy. Oh, according to our kitchen scale it weights just over 2.5 pounds!

FXbeqdw.jpg

PIiBlXz.jpg

HKZDXNO.jpg

7fB4cOg.jpg

KbNoGP5.jpg

S1XS1YK.jpg

Great looking work on this, can we get some pictures as it patina’s? Should look outstanding as it ages.;)

Thank you! Yes I can certainly up this post. There will be several more of these out in the wild in different materials in the near future...

It’s a lot nicer than that Xacto thingy you posted before, that’s for sure. Have it made in the USA if you put it into production.

Ha! Not every design is a home run, that's for sure. What's interesting about that is the response on facebook was the polar opposite of BF. Clearly different audiences/markets.

I don't want to burden you, but do you by chance have any pictures from when you made these?

They're obviously well done and it makes me curious about what goes into making them.

I don't want to burden you, but do you by chance have any pictures from when you made these?

They're obviously well done and it makes me curious about what goes into making them.

Unfortunately not. Although I have some experience in machining, I would not be able to produce these. I work with several individuals/machine shops to produce the designs to my specifications. This allows me to focus on the design aspect, while the machinists can do what they do well :)

Unfortunately not. Although I have some experience in machining, I would not be able to produce these. I work with several individuals/machine shops to produce the designs to my specifications. This allows me to focus on the design aspect, while the machinists can do what they do well :)

No problem at all. I've always loved looking at how something is made. The individuals/machine shops making the pieces are doing an excellent job!

I would highly recommend one of these razor brush stands from Inspiribomb. I have had my for over a month and its very high quality. It is also extremely stable. I also just like the way it looks. I don't think anyone in the world is making a higher quality stand for a safety razor and brush.

Back