• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom MagnaCut slip joints

Gjcustomknives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
What’s going on! Hope y’all having a great Sunday. Got this back pocket finished up!

CPM MagnaCut blade, hollow ground, 63 HRC.
CPM 154 spring.
Micro fluted 416 bolsters, jeweled 410 liners.
Jigged, vintage black paper micarta.
410ss double bomb shield that is pinned.
Flush in all three, smooth and crispy.
$675 shipped to your door!

IMG_6276.jpegIMG_6275.jpegIMG_6272.jpeg
Next up is a personal prototype pattern, the ReJect.
CPM MagnaCut blade, hollow ground, 63HRC.
CPM154 spring
416 integral frame with jeweled liners.
Mirror polished flute
Flush in all three positions. Crisp, and smooth action.
Westinghouse single line brown paper micarta covers.
410ss bullock shield that is pinned.
$575 shipped.
IMG_6266.jpegIMG_6264.jpegIMG_6267.jpegIMG_6265.jpeg

Your work is stellar and you have been posted up a few of your creations lately. Do you have a bunch already built from the winter or are you just this good?😉
I appreciate the kind words! These that have been posted are my most recently completed blades! However, it’s looking like I’ll have these until winter!

Nice knives! Posting the closed length, the generally accepted measurement for traditional folders, would likely be quite helpful for many potential buyers, myself included. Thanks!

Nice knives! Posting the closed length, the generally accepted measurement for traditional folders, would likely be quite helpful for many potential buyers, myself included. Thanks!
You're absolutely right. I appreciate the reminder.

The closed length of the back pocket is 4 3/8" and the closed length of the reject is 3 5/8". Thank you!

Hey have to ask, with such nice finish work, are you self taught or did you study under another maker? Are you really 24, your work shows a lot of thought.
I have am self taught with in the confines of YouTube and a couple of Facebook forums. Additionally, I have befriended a few other makers that have been willing to help me, but no hands on help if you will. I am 24 years old. haha. I began making knives at the age of 14 and made fixed blades exclusively up until about a year ago. The last 6 months I have put forth a lot of effort in the slip joint building.

I have am self taught with in the confines of YouTube and a couple of Facebook forums. Additionally, I have befriended a few other makers that have been willing to help me, but no hands on help if you will. I am 24 years old. haha. I began making knives at the age of 14 and made fixed blades exclusively up until about a year ago. The last 6 months I have put forth a lot of effort in the slip joint building.
If this is what you’re producing now, I wish I could see what you come up with 10 years from now. Nice to see a younger guy going into the skilled crafts rather then playing video games.

If this is what you’re producing now, I wish I could see what you come up with 10 years from now. Nice to see a younger guy going into the skilled crafts rather then playing video games.
Well sir, that makes two of us! I’ve always been one that needs to build and tinker. Never been one to sit in front of a tv with a controller.

Some damn fine work, for sure!!! Especially for your age!!! I still keep thinking about that one you made that caught me eye!!!!! Still not in a position to make it mine yet though😥.

The quality of your work is exponentially apparent and the sky's the limit as you progress further down this knife making road you're traveling.....

I do enjoy seeing your work posted....Keep em coming!👍👍👍

Some damn fine work, for sure!!! Especially for your age!!! I still keep thinking about that one you made that caught me eye!!!!! Still not in a position to make it mine yet though😥.

The quality of your work is exponentially apparent and the sky's the limit as you progress further down this knife making road you're traveling.....

I do enjoy seeing your work posted....Keep em coming!👍👍👍
I appreciate it man! I sure will!

Back