Customer service experience

Tl;Dr..... Just wanted to tell u about my experience with Spyderco customer service......I was great.

I'ma qualify myself.....I'm not a fan boy I only own 2 Spydercos and one was a gift from a member here(the one I'm gonna tell u about) and neither are some rare million dollar one.:D:D

My clipitool was gifted to me with out a pocket clip just the screws in the holes and I'm not bitchin it was a gift and it was awesome. In my massive amount of parts I had a Spyderco clip that worked. Well yesterday when I got home the knife was in my pocket with one loose screw and no clip.:confused::oops:......forgot to loctite it. So on the train on my way home from work today I googled their customer service number (and nothing else you'll see what i mean). I was calling just to c what I had to do weather it was send it in, buy a clip or whatever. So I tell the gentleman my son story of stupidity and right off he starts asking for my info. So I think "cool it's kinda like Kershaw and they'll just send it"..... Then we get to the end and he asks for money........ my debit card is at home while I'm at work. Now I really feel like an asshat cause I know for sure it says that on the website of I'd of just read it, so now I wasted this guy's time. So I apologized for wasting his time and tell him I'll have to call back, I thank him and hang up.

My phone rings immediately after and it's him (he took my number for the order). "Sir you were to quick to hang up I hope you don't mind the return call but I waved the fee and it will be on it's way.

So not only did I waste his time I also hung up on him and he still took care of me. I made sure he didn't think it was a ploy to get a free clip or any of that nonsense and he said "u hung up on me without asking for a thing" "have a nice day":D:D

Sorry for the long post but that made my week so I had to share. @Sal Glesser you have a great staff.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

It's always refreshing to see someone just take a minute to say thanks and let everyone see that the majority of our members and dealers are very helpful and go above and beyond.

Much better read than another horror story ... glad it worked out ... :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing your experience!

It's always refreshing to see someone just take a minute to say thanks and let everyone see that the majority of our members and dealers are very helpful and go above and beyond.

Much better read than another horror story ... glad it worked out ... :thumbsup:

Thanks but Yea one thing I noticed about this fourm is you always have (for lack of a better term) fan boys where the company can do no wrong and ur haters where everything the company does is shit.

I'm in the middle. Don't get me wrong I love my Bucks but if they screw up I'll tell you just as quick as if they do me right. I see the same thing with Spyderco, so I wanted all to know this came from an unbiased party.:cool::p:D

Back