Customized Survive! Knives

I thought we had a thread like this before but couldn't find it so I thought I would get it going again:

d0d24c88f664cd88352ac0843411c38a.jpg
b616c3bbb5a4252f21e9a93c8063f7c2.jpg
9bab52e9796dff731d360d2e9bcd11a8.jpg
35a6325135937daf653e998c2535ddd7.jpg

The two coated necker 2's were done by Josh from razoredgeknives.com. I can't thank him enough for the work!

I know ppl have posted their mods and work they want to do. Let's make this a picture heavy customized gso thread!!

Whoa! I've never seen anything like what you have on your necker II. Sweet digital camo! I looked at their website, but didn't see that option. Do they have any kind of list of their range of cerakote designs?

Have you told us about those liners before?

Lookin' good, man!

Whoa! I've never seen anything like what you have on your necker II. Sweet digital camo! I looked at their website, but didn't see that option. Do they have any kind of list of their range of cerakote designs?

Have you told us about those liners before?

Lookin' good, man!

I looked through his past work picked the digi and we discussed mixing up the colors. For outdoor gear those 3 are my favorite...so I gambled that they'd look ok together

https://plus.google.com/collection/Ms3Rb

As for the liners, I have posted them before, and I did do them myself with a Dremel. I thought to help jumpstart the thread I'd post everything I got! I'm hopeful to see some of the custom wood handles people have made/are working on!

I looked through his past work picked the digi and we discussed mixing up the colors. For outdoor gear those 3 are my favorite...so I gambled that they'd look ok together

https://plus.google.com/collection/Ms3Rb

As for the liners, I have posted them before, and I did do them myself with a Dremel. I thought to help jumpstart the thread I'd post everything I got! I'm hopeful to see some of the custom wood handles people have made/are working on!

Thanks for the link! I'll definitely take a look.

I'm REALLY looking forward to what types of handles TR will create for his 4.7!

I am really excited to see what people turn out in here, and hope it inspires others to do crazy things!

I don't have anything I've modified from S!K or I'd play. I hope we get to see some more :thumbup:

A little teaser...

(sorry for the Jumbo image - can't figure out how to make it smaller)

I am working out some of the machining details and worked on the lanyard cutout. Not as easy as I thought, and took a little freehand polishing.

Redwood - Guy and Josh should both steal your pic for gallery photos - those neckers are awesome! I am definitely going to have to get Josh to do some work for me!

A little teaser...

(sorry for the Jumbo image - can't figure out how to make it smaller)

I am working out some of the machining details and worked on the lanyard cutout. Not as easy as I thought, and took a little freehand polishing.

I may have had this photo of yours in mind when starting this thread, please keep us posted, I'm very excited to see how they turn out

Redwood - Guy and Josh should both steal your pic for gallery photos - those neckers are awesome! I am definitely going to have to get Josh to do some work for me!

I should have done a better job of crediting. The "naked" photo is one Josh emailed me prior to shipment. Either way they are both more than welcome to use any photos I have posted. I think the wide blade and unique shape, coupled with the affordable 2nd price, makes the N-2 ideal for custom paint jobs. Also less likely to baton through a log, preserving the finish a little longer. I'm hoping to try and make some sort of leather sheath this week...tbd if that works out

I've finished shaping, machining, and sanding the stabilized walnut handles for my GSO 4.7 pre-production sample. These have a coat of oil, not sanded out or anything yet. The picture is indoors with awful, yellow light. But in case anyone is interested, here's a progress picture for you guys. These are the same shape and thickness as the original handles, so they snap into the kydex sheath like the original.

Let me know if if you have any questions, comments, or critiques (any and all are welcome!)...

20160420_215507_zps8xwngnsj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow. I'm always amazed at what folks can build. I like the contrast with the tumbled fasteners, and that it still works with the kydex. That is some very nice work my friend.

TR, wow! Very nice work. I'm already impressed just the way they are, but I'm excited to see the final version in lighting that you approve of :D

Finally finished up some handles for my knives. I started with the 4.7 and was going to do a matched set of 1911 grips (and I will get to that, too) but opted to do the matching handles for my 5.1.

More pictures over on the FB fan page...

IMG_20160426_115332_zpsjftcdyav.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finally finished up some handles for my knives. I started with the 4.7 and was going to do a matched set of 1911 grips (and I will get to that, too) but opted to do the matching handles for my 5.1.

More pictures over on the FB fan page...

IMG_20160426_115332_zpsjftcdyav.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You better brace for order requests bud. That is some fine work.

Do you take orders? I know others have mentioned a desire for wood handles. The "standard" options on GSO's are already so good and maybe because the company is just a few years old there hasn't been a big market for add ons or upgrades. You could totally have the wood handle market!

Great work!!!!!

Back