Cyber Monday deals

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Shop and Save $$$$$$$$$$

17.5 inch 36 ounce Katar by Kumar. Leather sheath. Usual fine work by Kumar. $125. *SOLD*

ywjKn9z.jpg

L to r

15.5 19 ounce Villager Utility Knife by Purna. Satisal wood handle. $38. *SOLD*

15.5 inch 15 ounce lite weight Villager Utility Knife by Ram Kumar. $35. *SOLD*

C6z5xry.jpg

L to r

15 inch 23 ounce M-43 by Kumar . Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $85. *SOLD*

18 inch 33 ounce M-43 by Ram Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Small rust on blade. Real workhorse at $88. *SOLD*

15 inch 22 ounce M-43 by Kumar. Sadan wood handle. Leather sheath. $85. *SOLD*

GRXDwRi.jpg

L to r

17 inch 26 ounce Dui Chiurra by Thamar. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $90. *SOLD*

18 inch 28 ounce WWII by Purna. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $100 even. *SOLD*

18 inch 29 ounce Ganga Ram Special by Purna. Satisal wood handle. $95. *SOLD*

UXuRIov.jpg

Necklace from far away
Perfect holiday gift for your love one!

TQN 1
$25 *SOLD*

bNtQR1O.jpg

MSN 2

$22 *SOLD*
IMBFjMP.jpg

CTN 3
$35
SP9bgV5.jpg

YLN 4
$22 *SOLD*
cekScdD.jpg

GRN 5
$22
j8WEzip.jpg

RYN 6
$25
bBm8aGr.jpg

AMT 7
$15
cfLV2hd.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order any or all
First come first served
Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
EMS on both Kumar M-43's. Got a light weight 18 inch one that was the sharpest "factory edge" I ever handled. Hope the 15 inchers are just as perfect.

EMS on 15.5 19 ounce Villager Utility Knife by Purna. Satisal wood handle. $38.

Last edited:
Damn I cant stop eyeing that 18 in 33 oz m-43, been looking for a big chopper and people keep recommending me a m-43, I want to hold out for a big CAK because I love the durability but that m-43 is TEMPTING !

EMS: 17.5 inch 36 ounce Katar by Kumar. Leather sheath. Usual fine work by Kumar. $125.
DD
Been wanting on one of these for a long time! These are wicked! If it dont have a razor edge on it its gonna get one and it will get used!

EMS: 17.5 inch 36 ounce Katar by Kumar. Leather sheath. Usual fine work by Kumar. $125.
DD
Been wanting on one of these for a long time! These are wicked! If it dont have a razor edge on it its gonna get one and it will get used!
Good deal! Post some photos when you have a chance!

Will do George! I got to find something to shred. Maybe open Christmas presents with it:D
According to my calculations the blade must be about 7.4 inches by itself. Im not sure how comfy the handle would be? Might have to add some wood or wrap or something?

The handles on katars are comfortable and "grippy" provided the size is right for your hand. When you squeeze down on the two cross-struts it causes your hand to spread out sideways and press against the side bars firmly, giving a very solid grip. The side bars lie along your forearm and provide protection if you hold the katar straight, as you should. It's mainly designed to punch through armor, thus the very robust tip which actually has a diamond shaped cross-section, as you can see in one of my pictures. You can also swing it sideways to cut/slash, but it's not designed for chopping wood or anything mundane like that. The edges on mine are not very sharp. I prefer to keep it this way for ease of handling, since I don't plan to take my katar into battle in the near future. Maybe after the apocalypse. Which apocalypse, you ask? Take your pick. :)

I did a lot of online checking of katars before I got mine. There seem to be two main blade shapes, with a lot of variation, of course, and some of them quite fancy. My blade is basically a narrow triangle with triangular ridges down the middle that add strength. The other main version is the shape of the HI katar, as in Yangdu's picture above. Fatter and more rounded, but still pointy enough for stabbing.

The one pictured below I got from a guy in the UK, but I believe it was made in India by someone who really knew what he was doing. It could probably punch right through the side of a car door with no problem at all. The blade is 8" long and the handle is another 8". The side bars are 3" apart, which works out just right for my average-sized hands. The weight is 18 oz, about half the weight of the HI katar. And here are the pictures:

Katar-UK-01.JPG Katar-UK-03.JPG Katar-UK-05.JPG Katar-UK-04.JPG

Thanks David! That is Khul! I believe your right about punching through a car door. Ill wait and see what kind of edge is has but being a thrusting tool i may just leave it alone. Im hoping it shows up this weekend?

EMS
15 inch 22 ounce M-43 by Kumar. Sadan wood handle. Leather sheath. $85.

IF I get this one, it will be my fourth M-43. Love those M-43s.

Update:
Just got the DD. This one will reside in my backpack.

Last edited:
Back