CZ 75B and pre-b models

Sturubu

Gold Member
Does anyone happen to own both of these pistols? I've been trying to figure out the physical differences besides the squared trigger guard on the "B" models, but haven't been able to find anything online so far. I'd like to do a side by side comparison to see how close a holster for the newer models might fit the classic. I've also tried posting in CZ specific forums but not bites so far (yes, I'm impatient;).

Having fired both, but only owning the 75B, I can tell you the 75B has the firing pin block so the 75 has a bit better trigger but not appreciably better. Both should fit well in the same holsters. The magazines aren't interchangeable though, and the 75 mags are pricey if/when you can find them which is why I'd recommend the 75B. Any savings by buying the 75 rather than the 75B will be more than offset when buying mags.

Lots of them were sold here. I have a B but remember the original well.

There were some small cosmetic differences in the frame and slide profiles but nothing which should cause a problem with leather holsters.

Kydex may be a bigger issue. But if you buy something like a Crossbreed Supertuck you should be safe.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Leghog, some day I hope to grab a B. I've had this one for a while, and it has that "classic" firearm charm to it. Plus it's been around the block and is begging to be refinished (always harder to justify with a newer option)...

Steven, the slide on the classic looks to have a narrower profile, but I've not been able to find any pictures side by side. In your recollection the frames are pretty similar though?

Thanks for the quick replies!

Steven, the slide on the classic looks to have a narrower profile, but I've not been able to find any pictures side by side. In your recollection the frames are pretty similar though?

The front of the slide had a different profile, narrower. (by the front of the slide I mean the area rearward of the muzzle)
As I recall the frames were nearly identical except for the trigger guards.

Here is mine. This one is about 25 years old and has been nicely modified for carry. Getting a decent trigger on them is a challenge though and we destroyed two sears before getting it right.

IMG_0108.jpg

Some good info here on the pre-b model in general and a bit on how it differs from the B model.

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/CZ75.htm

A few notable differences in terms of performance are the internal firing pin safety and the upgraded sights on the B model. The biggest external difference is perhaps the trigger guard. The rounded trigger guard on the pre-b became a hooked trigger guard on the b model. The hammer and beaver tail also got a bit of an upgrade.

I imagine a leather sheath for a 75B would fit a 75.

Man, I really like that piece, not sure about a purchase though. For you experienced gun owners, what other options are in and around the CZ75? I'm looking for a good range, home security pistol with a larger capacity (not a Glock fan) in and around the $5-600 range 9, .40 or 45 caliber!

Man, I really like that piece, not sure about a purchase though. For you experienced gun owners, what other options are in and around the CZ75? I'm looking for a good range, home security pistol with a larger capacity (not a Glock fan) in and around the $5-600 range 9, .40 or 45 caliber!
If you want a 9mm designed for Condition 1 carry without spending an arm and a leg (Vis35 Radom or Sig Sauer 210) you're really left with the P35 Hi Power or CZ75B. Both are excellent pistols. I'll not hesitate in recommending a used CZ75B. In excellent condition, they can still be had in most locales for about $400.

Hi%2520Power-Infidel.JPG

CZ75B.jpg

The front of the slide had a different profile, narrower. (by the front of the slide I mean the area rearward of the muzzle)
As I recall the frames were nearly identical except for the trigger guards.

Here is mine. This one is about 25 years old and has been nicely modified for carry. Getting a decent trigger on them is a challenge though and we destroyed two sears before getting it right.

IMG_0108.jpg

That thing is beautiful, I only hope mine turns out half as nice! My trigger seems fine to my unrefined tastes, and I am at least fairly confident I won't screw that up on the refinishing job...

And thanks for the link, sideways, helpful information that somehow I missed with what seems like hours and hours of searching!

That thing is beautiful, I only hope mine turns out half as nice! My trigger seems fine to my unrefined tastes, and I am at least fairly confident I won't screw that up on the refinishing job...

Thank you for the kind words. Please post up some pics when yours is complete. I would love to see it.:)

Cheers

Steven

Back