D2 Tanto

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
I'm almost finished up with this one, check it out! :cool: It is for a Bladeforums member!

016-5.jpg

021-7.jpg

032-3.jpg

039-1.jpg

040-1.jpg

Oh boy oh boy, what a beauty! I was just thinking today at work that it would probably be this week that she would be done. Turns out I was right.

Lets just say if I ever had to use this blade for self defense I would feel very sorry for the other guy.

Kaleb

Last edited:
I want one! Is this suitable for a carry knife, not sure of the dimensions?

By the way my Ti glow cord backpacker is awesome.

I want one! Is this suitable for a carry knife, not sure of the dimensions?

By the way my Ti glow cord backpacker is awesome.

I think it is a perfect size for an EDC. The blade is 3", I'll have to measure it later for the overall length. It's 5/16" thick!

Thanks! I'm glad you are liking this one and your knife!

Mr. Fairly steel & Mrs. Fairly leather = WOW!
Nice package,love the green sting ray!

That is very sharp looking! Grind lines look extremely clean and the leather is completely professional looking.

:D Thanks guys! It means a lot to us!

Each sheath has about 8 hours of work in it and should last a lifetime.

Your wraps have gotten exceptional!

Hmmm...maybe my .360 Tanto needs a smaller "twin"?;)

And Frau Fairly's leather work really is awesome. Impressive all the way around!

This was the original "template":

IMG_3916.jpg
[/IMG]

I gave him this pic and said make me something like this in +.300 D2 with a right hand chisel and green rayskin. He went above and beyond my expectations. I intend for this knife to be an EDC but I honestly think that I might be scared to use it. Who knows, I might just have him make me a duplicate with a rough finish and paracord to abuse ;)

Kaleb

Your wraps have gotten exceptional!

Hmmm...maybe my .360 Tanto needs a smaller "twin"?;)

And Frau Fairly's leather work really is awesome. Impressive all the way around!

Hey John! I could make a sibling for the .360 Tanto, it could be an evil twin! :D I will have to make more like this one, I know I want one for sure!

My wife says thanks for the compliments on her leather work! Much appreciated.

This was the original "template":

I gave him this pic and said make me something like this in +.300 D2 with a right hand chisel and green rayskin. He went above and beyond my expectations. I intend for this knife to be an EDC but I honestly think that I might be scared to use it. Who knows, I might just have him make me a duplicate with a rough finish and paracord to abuse ;)

Kaleb

I really appreciate hearing that, it means a lot that it is what you wanted!

I could do a rougher one for sure, it would be cool to make it with a user finish like a Phill Hartsfield knife.

By the way, it was really cool having you think of me to do my interpretation of one of Phill Hartsfield's knives. His work is probably my all time favorite, there was something special about his knives.

I just received the knife today. I got to tell you guys, you NEED one of these! I am as happy as could be with this knife. He zero ground the bevel at 25 degrees and let me tell you, it cuts like a beast. I laid a phonebook flat on a bench and push cut right through it with the tip edge! It just glides through paper by the way, and is by far the sharpest ultra thick knife I have laid hands on (.315 thick!). The sheath is also just as brilliant, the horizontal carry works wonderfully just to the left of my belt buckle.

Daniel - You HAVE to make more of these knives or I will make sure something bad happens to you ;)

Kaleb

Back